- RFC 20: Preliminary support for alternate axis orientations in SRS.
- On the fly access to data in .zip and .gz compressed files.
- RFC 22: Support for reading from, and warping with RPC (Rational Polynomial Coefficients) from various formats.
- Gaussian and Mode resampling added for overview generation.
- Added raster to vector (polygon) conversion utility.
- Added raster proximity utility.
- Added raster sieve filtering utility.
- Added -expand rgb/rgba ability to gdal_translate
- Added cutline / blend support to gdalwarp.
- Added -segmentize option to ogr2ogr to break long line segments.
- RFC 23: Preliminary support for character set transcoding (in OGR for now).
- RFC 21: OGR SQL supports type casting and field name aliasing
New Raster Drivers
- BLX Magellan Topo Driver (New)
- EIR Erdas Imagine Raw Driver (New)
- Oracle GeoRaster Driver (New)
- GRIB Driver (now part of standard distribution)
- LCP (FARSITE) Driver (New)
- Terralib driver (New)
New Vector Drivers
- Geoconcept Export Driver (New)
- INGRES RDBMS Driver (New)
- XPlane/Flightgear Driver (New)
GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 - General Changes
- Added basic support for LDFLAGS
- Try prefix/lib before prefix/src for proj.4 linking (#1345)
- Allow specification of a python binary for --with-ogpython (#2258)
- Added NAS driver config support
- Fixed Expat detection problem on MinGW (#2050)
- Fix INST_DATA setting (/share/gdal instead of /share) (#2382)
- Build MSGN driver on Unix-like platforms
- Added MSG driver support to configure.in. EUMETSAT Wavelet Trasform software is only detected on request, option --with-msg specified.
- Improve cross-compilation
- Fix linking with HDF4 library when configuring with --with-hdf4 or --with-hdf4=yes (#2602)
- Fixes for compilation with GCC 4.3
- Default to non-debug builds. Use /GR in pre 1400 builds so that dynamic_cast doesn't just cause an blowout. Use .pdb file with version embedded.
- Make vc++ builds usable from mingw (#2216)
- Updated nmake.opt for building with Visual C++ adding /W3 flag for release build and /W4 for debug build.
- Add VS Makefile for GDAL and OGR DODS drivers (#2383)
- Remove support for "Panorama" GIS SDK (#2669)
- RFC 19: Added VSIMalloc2() and VSIMalloc3() API and use them in GDAL drivers
- RFC 23: Added implementation of recode API
- Added infrastructure to detect bad arguments to printf-like functions
- Added CPLHashSet data structure
- Added quad tree implementation derived from shapelib & mapserv
- Added support for reading on-the-fly .gz files and .zip files (#1369)
- Added CSLFindName()
- Added two new flags to CSLTokenizeString2() function: CSLT_STRIPLEADSPACES and CSLT_STRIPENDSPACES to strip leading and ending spaces from the token.
- Added CSVGetNextLine() to fetch next record based on just csv filename
- Added CPL_ACCUM_ERROR_MSG=ON for CPLQuietErrorHandler
- Added CPL_MAX_ERROR_REPORTS config option (#2409).
- Added CPL_INLINE macro
- Added UNREFERENCED_PARAM macro to cpl_port.h.
- Added CPLGenerateTempFilename()
- Improve performance of CPLParseXMLString from O(n*n) to O(n) where n is the number of siblings node
- Fix bug with url encoding in CPLEscapeString() (#2314)
- Various fixes in CPLList implementation (CPLListInsert and CPLListRemove) (#2134)
- VSIMEM: added path normalization so everything is converted to forward slashes
- VSIMEM: prevent file extension, or write/update to files opened in readonly mode
- cpl_path.cpp: Add CPLAssert to check that the string inputs are not the result static buffer
- Added a --utility_version that displays the version of GDAL used for compiling the utility and add runtime checks to see if GDAL library is compatible with the utility version
GDAL 1.6.0 - Overview of Changes
- RFC 22 : Added RPC and IMD support
- Added support for computing statistics for datasets with arbitrary overviews in GDALRasterBand::ComputeStatistics?()
- Added Gaussian resampling in overview building (#2137)
- Added Mode resampling in overview building (#2347)
- Allow fast NONE overview generation (#2677)
- Added in GDALRasterBand::GetRasterSampleOverview?() and ComputeRasterMinMax?() (#2148)
- Preliminary gmljp2 specific changes to address axis orientation (#2131)
- Added GDALProxyDataset and GDALProxyRasterBand abstract classes to be able to make proxy datasets and raster bands
- Added a proxy dataset class, GDALProxyPoolDataset, that differ at the maximum the opening of the underlying dataset and keep the number of simultaneous opened underlying datasets under a limit (similar to what is done in the RPFTOC driver)
- Migrate GDALRegenerateOverviews() to C API
- Added GDALDestroyDriver()
- Added special case in GDALCopyWholeRaster to be more friendly when writing a tiled compressed GeoTIFF (massive reduction of destination file size)
- Added GDALRegenerateOverviewsMultiBand to process all the bands at the same time to optimize the generations of compressed pixel-interleaved overviews (such as JPEG-In-TIFF). Optimization triggered in some cases for external and internal GeoTIFF overviews. PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW and INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW config options added for external overviews. -ro option added to gdaladdo to generate external overviews for GeoTIFF. Result : divide by 2 to 3 the size of JPEG-In-TIFF overviews on big RGB datasets
- Add a new class GDALNoDataValuesMaskBand to create a per-dataset nodata mask band (GMF_PER_DATASET | GMF_NODATA) when the metadata item NODATA_VALUES is found on the dataset (#2149)
- Added SPARSE_OK option, a avoid sparseness if FALSE (#2632)
- Fix segfault when building overviews with --config USE_RRD YES (#2145)
- PAM: save floating point nodata in IEEE floating point binary format
- Fix division by zero in GDALGetRandomRasterSample (#2429)
- GDALOpen: Use EOVERFLOW if defined otherwise use hardcoded likely values (#2437)
- Replace implementation of arrays for maintaining the list of opened shared datasets by a CPLHashSet to avoid O(n*n) complexity
- Fix GDALRasterBand::IRasterIO fails to read data from dataset when block cache is too small (#2457)
- Modify GDALFindAssociatedAuxFile() to only select .aux files that have the same raster configuration as the target dataset (PxLxB). (#2471).
- When available use arbitrary overviews for computations in GDALRasterBand::ComputeRasterMinMax?() and GDALRasterBand::GetHistogram?().
- Fix crash in GDALValidateCreationOptions when passed a creation option not in format key=value (#2499)
- Fix 'GDALNoDataMaskBand::IReadBlock doesn't behave correctly when eWrkDT != eDataType' (#2504)
- Use nodata masks when generating overviews (#2149)
- Improve error propagation when GDALRasterBlock::Write() fails (#2524)
- gdalnodatamaskband: add case for uint16 and uint32 as uint32 - fixes neg. nodata values for these
- Add a special case for dealing with RasterIO expansion on writes (#773)
- Add GDALValidateCreationOptions() checks in GDALDriver::Create() and GDALDriver::CreateCopy?(). Can be disabled with GDAL_VALIDATE_CREATION_OPTIONS=NO
- Optimization of GDALCopyWords for transfer from buffer of packed bytes to buffer of bytes with interleaving (#2536)
- Use BlockBasedRasterIO in GDALDataset::IRasterIO for pixel-interleaved datasets when source and destination have the same size (#2536)
- PAM: Allow empty category in .aux.xml (#2562)
- GDALDataTypeUnion(): Add missing GDT_CInt16 case that was triggering a CPLAssert(FALSE) (linked to #2564)
- PAM: improve the find existing histogram logic to check approx and out of range
- Fix validation of values for creation option parameters of type float
- Fix memory leak related to PAM histograms
- Restrict dataset sharing to a one thread by tracking owning pid (#2229)
- rasterio.cpp: Handle >2GB memory arrays on a 64-bit build (#2199)
- extend BIGTIFF option to support IF_NEEDED and IF_SAFER (#2676)
- improve compatability with libtiff back to 3.6.0 (#2699)
- Added GDALPolygonize() function
- Added sieve filter
- Add implementation of raster hole filler
- Added proximity algorithm implementation
- Added GDALRasterizeLayers() function to rasterize the all the features in the list of layers rather than individual geometries.
- Added support for point geometries rasterization
- Added line rasterization routine.
- Added GDALCreateGenImgProjTransformer2()
- warper: massive upgrade that fixes number of problems with Cubic Spline and Lanczos resamplers, multiple performance improvements.
- Implement overview building for paletted rasterbands with average resampling by selecting the nearest entry after averaging on R,G,B components (#2408)
- Fix destination coordinate system setting logic in GDALReprojectImage (#2231)
- Modify GDALChecksum to give it a deterministic behaviour when given a GDT_[C]Float[32|64] rasterband with NaN and Inf values. The result is backward compatible with previous implementations with finite values
- Add options to RPC transformer, use for RPC_HEIGHT offset
- TPS : fix uninitialized variables (#2300), fix wrong behaviour with negative coordinates (#2615)
- gdalgeoloc.cpp : Fix crash in GDALCreateGeoLocTransformer if X_DATASET, etc... cannot be opened (#2434)
- warper: Prevent crashes when srcAlphaBand and dstAlphaBand are wrong
- Fix tiling in gdal_grid and output of geotransform when -txe and -tye not specified (#2508)
- warper: Wait for the threads to complete before leaving GDALWarpOperation::ChunkAndWarpMulti?() (#2518)
- warper: When warping an RGBA image whose borders have alpha=0, avoid writing alpha=255 with bilinear, cubic, cubic spline resampling
- warper: Properly set a resample window size for Cubic Spline kernel. (#2414)
- gdalsimplewarp.cpp: fix pointer array allocation (#2586)
- gdal_lut.py: New for 1.6.0. Sample app applying a greyscale lookup table
- gdal_polygonize.py : New for 1.6.0
- gdal_proximity.py : New for 1.6.0
- gdal_sieve.py: New for 1.6.0
- densify.py: New for 1.6.0. A generic Translator class for ogr2ogr-like operations that can be easily overridden for special translation operations
- gdalflattenmask : New utility to merge regular data bands with the mask bands, for applications not being able to use the mask band concept. (Not compiled by default)
- gdal2ogr: New for 1.6.0. to create an OGR datasource from the values of a GDAL dataset; May be useful to test gdal_grid and generate its input OGR file (Not compiled by default)
- Fix crash in gdalenhance
- Add -nln switch for gdal_contour
- gdalgrid: Fixed zero search radius handling in nearest neighbor interpolation method.
- gdalgrid: Added support for data metrics (minimum, maximum and range) computation.
- gdalgrid: Added spatial filter support applied on the OGR data source
- gdalgrid: Added ability to read values from the attribute field using the "-zfield" option.
- gdalgrid: fix crash on features with NULL geometry or when no point geometry is found on a layer (#2424)
- esri2wkt.py: Fix esri2wkt for NG python bindings (#2548)
- Build testepsg utility by default when OGR is enabled (Ticket #2554).
- gdaltranslate: new -expand rgb|rgba option to make color table expansion
- gdaltindex: Use correct index variable name
- gdal2tiles.py: Bug fix: switched axes in BoundingBox? of tilemapresource.xml.
- gdal2tiles.py: Bug fix: wrong Origin in tilemapresource.xml.
- gdal2tiles.py: New version of GDAL2Tiles (SoC 2008 - GDAL2Tiles Improvements)
- gdal_retile.py: Some minor enhancement optionally storing the georeferencing data of created tiles in a csv file
- gdal_vrtmerge.py: add support for NODATA
- gdalinfo: Don't show RAT if -nomdd is used.
- gdalinfo: Display checksums on overviews when -checksum is specified
- gdalinfo: Display whether the mask band has overviews
- ogr2ogr: reset -gt to 1 with -skipfailures, document -gt (#2409)
- ogr2ogr: Output error messages on stderr to be consistant; Make error message about failed reprojection more clearer (hopefully); Advertize the use of -skipfailures in error message (#2588)
- nearblack: Add support for scanning from top and bottom as well as from the sides.
- Prevent crash in gdalwarpsimple utility and in GDALSimpleImageWarp() when source dataset has no raster band
- gdal_rasterize: check that coordinates systems match (Ticket #1937)
- gdalwarp: Add cutline support
- Reports GDAL_DCAP_VIRTUALIO=YES for drivers supporting it (#2193)
- Add warnings in CreateCopy?() methods for drivers not supporting color tables (#1939)
- Simplify and harmonize how ESRI world file extensions are handled for BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and GTiff drivers (fix #1734)
- Windows : enable bigtiff by default when using internal libtiff (#2257)
- Added plugin building support for ECW, MrSID, HDF5, NetCDF, FITS and SDE drivers.
- fix case of capabilities xml elements to match properly (#2322)
- Add ALPHA creation option in the list of creation options
- Re-fix nodata test when determining AAIGrid data type (Ticket #2107).
- fix yllcorner computation (#1794)
- mark driver as supporting virtualio.
- Fix wrong data type used to read the source band AAIGCreateCopy (#2369)
- Add DECIMAL_PRECISION creation option for AAIGRID (#2430)
- Initialize PAM to avoid creating .aux.xml file when gdalinfo an ADRG dataset
- Prevent opening in update mode && fix reading of blocks in creation mode
- Prevent error message coming from ADRG driver when trying to open in update mode a non-existing dataset
- Avoid error reporting and subsequent failure on some DIGEST files where the last record ends in a non-standard way
BLX Magellan Topo driver:
- Add support for alternate palettes via config option
- Fix Valgrind warning about read of uninitialized memory; Replace a CPLAssert by a test in case of corrupted dataset; Remove static buffer in BSBReadHeaderLine to improve thread-safety
- Update BSB write support to use VSIF*L API (still disabled by default); fix palette handling (last color entry was lost); add GCP/Geotransform writing
- Initialize integral variables to prevent failure of test condition in case file read operation fails; clean signed/unsigned mismatch warning.
- Additional tests to protect against corrupted datasets
- Fix use of static CPL buffers
- Implement GetFileList?() and support for opening directory for DIMAP format
- Add metadata at the raster band level by reading the Spectral_Band_Info tag
- Add using namespace libdap for version 3.8.2 (#2404)
- Add the GDAL_DTED_SINGLE_BLOCK config option to make a single block of a whole DTED file. This can speed-up a lot scanline oriented algorithms (#1909)
- Add support for DTED products strictly following MIL-D-89020 that was buggy
- Fix compilation without CPL
- Improve thread safety
- Fix memory leaks (#2210)
- Be more careful deciding what geotransforms to ignore (#1935)
- Rename ecw plugin gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.so/dll (#2320)
- Properly set default nPixelSpace and nLineSpace in ECWRasterBand::IRasterIO().
- Added pixel data type checking in ECWCreateCopy() (#2593).
- Port EHDR driver to large file API (by apetkov) (#2580)
EIR (Erdas Imagine Raw format) driver:
- New for 1.6.0
- fix problems with old/new state plane zone codes (#2227)
- Order the GCP in TL, TR, BR, BL order to benefit from the GDALGCPsToGeoTransform optimization
- Add support for Euromap FAST datasets for IRS-1C/IRS-1D PAN/LISS3/WIFS (#2329)
- Fix USGS projection decoding for EOSAT FAST format Rev C (#2381)
- Add support for detection of FAST IRS P6 and CARTOSAT-1 band filenames
- Fix crash in FITS when dataset has metadata; Fix 2 minor Valgrind warnings (#2396)
- Fix crash on int32 test case in fits.py for 64-bit GDAL build (#2579)
- New for 1.6.0
- Close file pointer in dataset destructor
- Disable opening of large files which hang GDALOpen() (#2542)
- Moved from spike to trunk: grib now standard, but support --without-grib option
- Prevent crash on huge number of rows
- Prevent Valgrind warnings on bogus short GSAG files
- Major update to correct upside problems, removing Create (#2224, #1616, #2191)
- Fixed geotransormation matrix calculation (#2132)
- Properly read the header on big-endian system.
- fix bigendian support (#2172)
- Add support for reading and writing embedded nodata masks of a TIFF file (TIFFTAG_SUBFILETYPE=FILETYPE_MASK)
- Added SUBDATASETS support
- Add the ability to create files with PHOTOMETRIC=PALETTE.
- Add the ability to update palette on existing files (#2421)
- Enforce PROFILE properly for Create (#1527)
- Add support for reading a CMYK TIFF. By default, it will be opened with the RGBA interface (CMKY->RGBA translation done by libtiff. Said to be *very* crude), unless 'GTIFF_RAW:' is specified before the filename. In that later case, the CMYK bands will be presented. Also add support for translating to a CMYK TIFF too : the source dataset must have CMYK bands. No colorspace translation is done
- Internal libtiff : refresh from upstream libtiff
- Added GTiffSplitBitmapBand to treat one row 1bit files as scanline blocks (#2622)
- Don't use GCS if it is less than 1 (#2183).
- Modified so that the RGBA interface is not used for YCbCr mode JPEG compressed data. Set JPEGCOLORMODE to RGB at the point a directory is read to avoid error report if doing it later during writing. This fixes the GDAL 1.5.0 issues with writing YCbCr JPEG compressed data (#2189).
- Fix memory leak in gt_wkt_srs.cpp
- Prevent crash in GTiff driver in case we cannot GDALOpen the newly create-copied file
- Fix buffer overflow when calling GTIFDirectoryInfo in GTIFGetOGISDefn (#2372)
- add special handling for 24bit data which gets byteswapped by libtiff (#2361)
- Replace hard-coded 3 byte increment by iPixelByteSkip in int24 gtiff decoding (#2361)
- Cleaunup frmt/gtiff directory by removing unused files. Move TIFF_WriteOverview to gt_overview.cpp. Create gt_overview.h to declare TIFF_WriteOverview and GTIFFBuildOverviewMetadata
- Add a ENDIANNESS creation option to GTiff driver for debug purpose mostly
- Fix writing of blocks on TIFF files in non-native endianness (#2398)
- Push extra bands of pixel interleaved data into block cache (#2435)
- Improve integration with PAM metadata loading and saving (#2448)
- Fix potential buffer overflow in GTIFAngleStringToDD (commited in upstream libgeotiff) - #2228
- Fix GTiffOddBitsBand::IWriteBlock with GDT_UInt16/32; Error properly with GDT_Float32; Support creating files with NBITS>8; Handle NBITS=1 IReadBlock/IWriteBlock in GTiffOddBitsBand; Prevent subtle IReadBlock/IWriteBlock round-tripping bug for NBITS<8 (#2360)
- Set the TIFFTAG_COMPRESSION compression before asking the default strip size, so that in the case of JPEG compression, the correct strip height is selected (either 8 or 16). Tested with libtiff-3.8.2 and internal libtiff
- Prevent crash on tiff_ovr_9 when JPEG-In-TIFF support is not built
- In GTiffDataset::Create(), set TIFFTAG_JPEGCOLORMODE=JPEGCOLORMODE_RGB when creating a TIFF with COMPRESS=JPEG and PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR; In Crystalize(), backup the value of TIFFTAG_JPEGCOLORMODE and set it again after writing the directory (#2645)
- Handle more gracefully the case where we open or create a TIFF file with a compression method not built in libtiff (use of TIFFIsCODECConfigured)
- Don't fail when TIFFTAG_JPEGCOLORMODE tag cannot be read
- IPP libjpeg compatability changes (#2606)
- ensure zip/jpeg quality is preserved in crystalize. (#2642)
- support handling nodata via pam/aux mechanisms (#2505)
- ensure TIFFFlush() is called in FlushCache?() (#2512)
- Replace Crystalize() by SetDirectory?() in GTiffDataset::IBuildOverviews() so that 2 consecutive ds.BuilOverviews?() calls work without needing to close and reopen the dataset in between
- Prevent crash when disk is full
- Add detection of big-endian bigtiffs when BIGTIFF_SUPPORT is *NOT* defined
- Add missing ScaleAtCenter? parameter for Hotine Oblique Mercator when writing the geotiff keys
- Added logic to pre-clear geotiff tags when updating a file (#2546)
- Add ExtraSample? tag in overviews too (#2572)
- Fix handling of non-degree angular units (#601)
- add support for projected NRL products (#2225)
- make a block consist of several scanlines for SDS case to speed up (#2208)
- Add H4ST prefix to names of HDF4SubdatasetType enumeration values. (#2296).
- Remove useless and dangerous redefinition of sincos in HDF-EOS (#2494)
- Added compatibility definitions for HDF 4.2 library (#2609)
- Read HDF raster images containing in HDF-EOS datasets (#2656)
- Fix minor memory leaks and one incorrect memory usage in HDF5
- implement support for 1.8+ hdf library versions (#2297)
- Avoid possible uninitialized variable usage in HFAWriteXFormStack()
- Fix BASEDATA count value (preceding pointer) at 1 (#2144)
- Incorporate generalization of EPT_f32 reduced precision handling (#1000)
- Add missing creation options, fix doc to refer to COMPRESSED instead of COMPRESS (#2167)
- remove static buffer to improve thread-safety
- Read invalid blocks as nodata value if available. Create new files with all blocks marked invalid. Support writing to invalid blocks as long as there is already a pointer to valid data. (#2427)
- add support for writing 1, 2 and 4 bit data (#2436)
- Attempt to preserve PROJCS name in sMapInfo.proName, and to capture it as the PROJCS name when reading. This will hopefully preserve symbolic names like NAD_1983_StatePlane_Ohio_South_FIPS_3402_Feet instead of replacing them with something generic like "Lambert_Conformal_Conic" (#2422).
- avoid reducing array sizes if writing them in random order (#2427)
- Prevent writing out cached information after the file has been closed. Loosely related to (#2524).
- Error out gracefully and early on attempts to write to readonly file (#2524)
- Open the dependent file(s) with same permissions as master (#2425)
- Fix crash in HFACompress::compressBlock when compressing random data with m_nDataTypeNumBits >= 16 (#2525)
- Fix reading of a non-initialized compressed HFA file (#2523)
- Add FORCETOPESTRING, and ensure ProjectionX applied to all bands (#2243)
- Added support for unique values color tables (#2419)
- Implement partial access to camera model information (#2675)
- Fix HTTP driver when falling back to /tmp (#2363)
- Force min/max calculation on IWriteBlock
- remove conditional from CreateColorRamp?() call
- Fix #2444 (lat/long) and #2442 (uppercase file extension)
- Fix writing of Min/Max? Y for non georeferenced images on .RDC file (#2697)
- Modified to use VSI*L API for reading and writing. Modify ReadBlock?() so that data written on newly created datasets can still be read back.
- Fix memory leaks in ILWIS driver
- Avoid writing an ILWIS file to disk when it is a src_dataset. Design of responsible class (IniFile?) is simplified, to prevent this from happening unintentionally.
- Spend extra effort to find the most compact GDAL data-type for storing the ILWIS data; Added missing ILWIS-system domains to the list; Initialized variables before they are used; Added comments to code.
- Solved unwanted rounding in the pixel size, that resulted in wrong map size calculation.
- Support splitting bitonal images into scanline blocks too (#1959)
- Fix compilation of INGR driver on big-endian target (#2613)
- fix earth model, already in meters, not kilometers! (#2321)
- ensure we adjust first tile offset depending on band (#2573)
- corrections to handle double byte attributes better (#1526)
- Add VSI*L reading and writing (vsil_target) (#2255)
- Remove KAKADU4 related ifdefs, we now assume at least KAKADU 4.2.
- disable JPIP - not working with modern Kakadu
- Added support for reading georeferencing from .tab files. Fixes #682.
- Add support for reading images in CMYK and YCbCrK color spaces (#2443)
- make sure bHasDoneJpegStartDecompress is set in Reset() (#2535)
- Added fill/flush support compatible with IPP libjpeg (#2606)
- added support for statistics (.sta) file (#2703)
LCP (FARSITE) driver:
- New for 1.6.0
- Added support for NOAA-18(N) and METOP-2 datasets; tiny code refactoring.
- L1B : add auto guess of data format when it is 2 spaces or empty string
- The GAC GCPs are not tied to the center of pixel.
- Serious code rewriting in order to read datasets withour archive header
- Avoid failure when doing mem_driver->Create('MEM:::')
- Use VSI Virtual File API in MRSID DSDK I/O routines. MrSID reading now
works through the VSI calls as any other GDAL driver.
- Added support for MrSID DSDK 7.x (#2410)
- Use int 32 types instead of long types for LTI_METADATA_DATATYPE_UINT32 and LTI_METADATA_DATATYPE_SINT32 metadata (#2629)
- fixed 32bit int overflow in sceneWidth/Height calc (#2689)
- Fixes and improvements to enable compilation with GCC 4.x (Ticket #2168).
- Support NDF2 files in other than the current directory (#2274)
- Added somewhat improved coordinate system support (#2623)
- Handle very large attributes properly (#2196)
- NETCDF plugin name doesn't correspond to the loader entry name causes an error in AutoLoadDrivers? (#2464)
- Fix allocation of panBandZLev (#2582)
- Fix accidentally too large memory allocation (#2591)
- Do not report char variables as subdataset (#2599)
- Fix LAEA projection (#2584)
- Add support for RPB and IMD files
- Handle NITF JPEG-compressed image with data mask subheader (IC=M3) multi-blocks (#2364)
- Implement SetProjection? for NITF (#2095)
- Added support for decoding 12 bit images (#2532)
- Added support for writing TEXT segments in CreateCopy?()
- Added support for writing arbitrary user defined TREs
- Fix #2249 : shift when writing NITF color table with nColors < 256
- Prevent crash with LUT entry count > 256
- Disable unnecessary VSIFFlush() calls that slowdown writing on some systems
- Apply untested RPC00A remapping (#2040)
- Fix #2135 by narrowing workaround test made for #1750
- Prevent crash on NITF file without image segment (#2362)
- Additionnal fix for handling 1-bit uncompressed NITF images with NITF_IC=NM (#1854)
- Set IREP=RGB implicitely when the first 3 channels of an image are R,G,B (#2343)
- Allocate one extra byte for the NULL terminating character when reading TEXT data in NITF file (#2366)
- Fix 'adding BLOCKA TRE precludes writing IGEOLO' (#2475)
- Add GDAL_DMD_CREATIONOPTIONLIST for NITF
- Prevent crash when using a bad value for TRE creation option
- Fallback to pam info for nodata (#2596)
- Add overview support
- Added support for CSF version 1. Updated nodata values to be equal to gdal's internal ones.
- Add support for # style comments (#2176)
- Improve PDS dataset identification & fixes image segment offset (#2397)
- Add LSB_SIGNED_INTEGER
- Many memory leak fixes & cleanups, add an extra parameter '%name=my_name' for handling several rasters in the same table, add support for reading&writing geotransform
- Fix potential buffer overflow in case of bad PNM file
- Fix logical tests in PNM Identify (bug #2190)
- manage RawRasterBand? NODATA values at PAM level
- RawRasterBand? : add extra parameter bOwnsFP to enable the RawRasterBand? to take ownership of the fpRaw so as to close it properly in its destructor
- Fix crash in rawdataset.cpp with pixeloffset=0 (#2576)
- Do not forget to swap block size/offset table on big-endian archs. (#2169)
- Added support for reading and writing extended header..
- RMF driver can crash / corrupt stack when importing projection from Panorama (#2277)
- Fixed error checking code returned by color table read function.
- Added support fo reading big endian variant of the RSW files.
- Report units and dataset statistics (#2670)
- Enable external overview building on RPFTOC subdatasets
- Use new proxy API instead of RPFTOCGDALDatasetCache
- Initialize PAM for RPFTocDataset
- Implement GetFileList?() for RPFTOCDataset and RPFTOCSubDataset
- Added projection reading
- Updates to RADARSAT-2 driver to account for tiled GeoTIFF images.
- Capture all files for GetFileList?().
- Support selecting directory as well as product.xml to open the dataset.
- Various other enhancements
- Prevent infinite recursion in SDTSRasterReader::GetBlock? when CEL0 file is truncated
- SDTS DEM : Read metadata in the IDEN file
- Implemented SGI write support (always RLE)
- Fix SGI driver that misidentified SRTMHGT files as SGI files (#2289)
- Fix overflow in implicit constant conversion (#2119)
- New for 1.6.0
- Added support to extract GCPs from XML metadata for TerraSAR-X SSC products.
- Provide an error message if the sceneInfo tag cannot be found in the TerraSAR-X image metadata.
- Fix lat/lon inversion (whoops, #2565); expose additional metadata items
- mark NTS and INTERNALNAME as legal options
- make parser more permissive (#2348)
- add missing ZRESOLUTION creation option in GDAL_DMD_CREATIONOPTIONLIST
- USGSDEM: add precisions to creation options documentation; check that source dataset dimensions are at least 2x2 for CreateCopy?()
- USGSDEM: fix USGSDEMDecToPackedDMS when input is very close to an integer degree value
- Use VSIF Large API in VRTDataset::Open to fix #1070
- recover from failure to create transformer (#2240)
- Added LUT based transformation support to the VRTComplexSource
- Extend the output of <SimpleSource?> in a forward and backword compatibly way, and make use of GDALProxyPoolDataset when possible
- Add the <ColorTableComponent?> element to <ComplexSource?> to do color table expansion in the VRT
- Fix failure when attempting to read a warped VRT made from a 3-band dataset with -dstalpha option (#2502)
- In VRTDerivedRasterBand::IRasterIO() don't call RasterIO() on sources with 0,0 for nPixelSpace and nLineSpace as most sources, except VRTSimpleSource, don't translate them.
- Allow empty category in VRT rasterband (#2562)
- Use nodata in VRTKernelFilteredSource::FilterData? (#1739)
- Fix VRT average resampling when resampling factor > 100% (#1725)
- Improvements to identify Band field name
- More fiddling with GetCoverage?() bounding boxes. Avoid half pixel bounding box shift south east. When using GridOffset/GridStep? values expand the bounding box out by 1% of a pixel to avoid "on edge" rounding issues.
- Strip namespaces off DescribeCoverage? response (early), and add a bug
workaround for GeoServer? WCS 1.1 responses.
- Correct wcs 1.1 band identification logic
- URL encode format and coverage name. Improve error recognision.
- GridOffset? should be top left corner of pixel center oriented bounds
- Add ClampRequests? setting (#2450)
- Fix WMS driver to make it work when ReadBlockFromFile?() must deal with blocks already in block-cache but that are not the band to fill (#2647)
- Add a <Timeout> option (#2646)
- Prevent crash when opening an XPM file with large file API
OGR 1.6.0 - Overview of Changes
- RFC 21: OGR SQL type cast and field name alias (#2171)
- Added support for outline color in OGRStyleLabel (#2480)
- Added support for symbol outline color in OGR Style Strings (#2509)
- Added geometry type merger
- Added SetEquirectangular2()
- Added SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters?() to C API
- Add support to translate OGRPolygon to OGRMultiLineString
- Add a segmentize() method to OGRGeometry to modify the geometry such it has no segment longer then the given distance; add a -segmentize option to ogr2ogr
- Many performance fixes in OGRGeometryFactory::organizePolygons (#1217, #2428, #2589)
- Changed OGRFeature::GetStyleString?() to return the value of the OGR_STYLE field if no style string have been specified.
- Ensure OpenShared? sharing is only with same thread (#2229)
- ogrfeaturestyle : OGRSTBrushAngle parameter should not be georeferenced.
- Strip whitespaces at the start and end of parsed pairs of style elements in OGRStyleTool::Parse(). As per #1413.
- Remove empty linestrings from multilinestring objects
- Allow 'POINT EMPTY' in WKT (bug #1628)
- Fix OGRGeometryCollection::getCoordinateDimension() (#2334)
- Make OGRLineString::importFromWkb and OGRPolygon::importFromWkb with EMPTY geometries
- Implement IsEmpty?() for all geometries without using GEOS (for speed purpose, and also because GEOS 2.2.3 is buggy with multipolygons with empty polygon inside); Make exportToWkt() export a valid WKT when multipoints/linestrings/polygons have an empty geometry inside
- Reintroduce OFTWideString and OFTWideStringList but mark them as deprecated (#2359).
- Fixed segmentation fault in swq_select_finish_summarize when SQL query issued on layer without any attributes like empty shapefile (Ticket #2358).
- Fix crash in OGRDataSource::ExecuteSQL with an empty SQL query (#2386)
- Make OGRLayer::FilterGeometry? more restrictive in the geometries it selects (#2454)
- OGRStyleVector class and related stuff has been removed (#2070).
- Fix OGRFeature::SetFrom?() to copy OFTDateTime field to OFTDate field (and other similar combinations) (#2474)
- Fixed OGR SQL to properly escape single quotes in string literals (Ticket #2220).
- Prevent an OGR driver from being registered several times (#2544)
- Start on a dissolve utility based on ogr2ogr
- Add --version and --licence options for OGR CLI utilities
- RFC 20: Axes methods
- Upgrade to EPSG 6.17
- Added support for "International Map of the World Polyconic" and "Wagner I-VII" projections.
- Add EquidistantCylindricalSphere? and GaussSchreiberTMercator (#2134, #2663)
- Correct treatment of equirectangular lat parameter to be standard_parallel_1 (#2706)
- Fix exportToProj() translation for OSGB36 (#2160)
- ogr_srs_panorama.cpp : Fixed search in ellipsoid list
- ogr_srs_pci.cpp : List of ellipsoids updated
- Treat spherical mercator 1SP similarly to normal mercator 1sp (proj #9).
- Ensure Clear() clears the bNormInfoSet flag and use Clear() from the various import methods to wipe old state (#2533).
- add import/export for MITAB CoordSys?
- Added declarations for OSRImportFromMICoordSys()/OSRExportToMICoordSys(); make OSRImportFromPanorama()/OSRExportToPanorama() externally visible again.
- Ensure rectified_grid_angle gets stripped for HOM projections (#2575)
- ogr_srs_esri.cpp: Correct test of iRGAChild (#2575).
- Recent EPSG releases seem to use PolarLongOrigin? instead of ProjCenterLong? for the Krovak projection parameters. Handle either (#2559).
- Test that input pointer is not NULL in OGRSpatialReference::importFromWkt().
- Make AVCE00 a distinct driver
- Update from AVCE00 master, includes the fixes for #2495 (GCC warnings)
- Detect compressed E00 input files and refuse to open them instead of crashing (#2513)
- Avoid scanning the whole E00 input file in AVCE00ReadOpenE00() if the file does not start with an EXP line (#1989)
- Fix crash when trying to write features with empty geometries
- Add support for Unix End-Of-Line characters on Windows
- Add support for writing the geometry of features through the new GEOMETRY layer creation option
- Allow to define field width via .csvt text file (bug #2142)
- Handle more gracefully CSV files with an empty column title (#2538)
- add some experimental linkage testing
- add using namespace libdap for version 3.8.2 (#2404)
Geoconcept Export driver:
- New for 1.6.0
- Fixed GeoJSON driver crash when writing features with null geometry (#2212)
- GeoJSON: enabled read/write of 25D geometry types.
- Improved GeoJSON driver to gracefully handle JSON strings that do not encode GeoJSON content.
- Support GeoJSON 1.0 Spec CRS 'link' and 'name' members. (#2665)
- XML Datetime can be expressed without explicit timezone mention
- <extensions> is valid inside <rtept> and <trkpt> too
- Add support for GPX 1.0 reading
- Handle degenerate and NULL geometries in creation mode
- Remove noisy CPL_DEBUG message when GPX driver built without Expat and when the input file doesn't look like GPX (#2394)
- Prevent GPX and KML drivers to read too much of a non GPX/KML file (#2395)
- GPX writer: Remove leading spaces for a numeric field (#2638)
- Add compatibility stuff to make GPX and KML driver compile against expat >=1.95.0 and < 1.95.7 (#1866)
- Support reading GML 3 posList geometry (#2311)
- Add logic to potentially track geometry type (mostly for NAS just now)
- Fix #2141 : GML driver recognizes improperly strings as integers
- Do geometry element name test (IsGeometryElement?) case sensitive to avoid false positives on property names, and such (#2215).
- Fix memory bug in OGRGMLLayer::GetNextFeature?() when using attribute filter (#2349)
- Fix GML driver behaviour with Xerces 3.0.0
GMT driver :
- Remove spaces from numeric field values before writing to avoid unnecessary quoting.
- Call Vect_close() in the OGR GRASS driver (#2537)
- New for 1.6.0
Interlis 1 driver:
- Support for SURFACE polygons spread over multiple OBJECTs Polygonize on demand. Generation of area layer
- Fix a crash (#2201)
- Fix memory leaks & apps/test_ogrsf correctness in OGRILI1 (#2203)
- Prevent crash in OGRILI1DataSource::Open with an empty string (#2335)
- Fixed column order detection for some Interlis 1 models (#2595)
Interlis 2 driver:
- Updated KML write driver to support KML v2.2.
- Added support for "SchemaData?" - typed KML fields that maintain feature data.
- Support of date types, written out as strings (#2264)
- Added automatic coordinate system transformation to WGS84 (the only CS that KML recognizes). (#2271)
- Report XML parsing error in KML driver in a similar way it's done in the GPX driver
- Speedup detection of KML documents
- Use VSI Large File API
- Corrected case on schemaUrl attribute and added the id attribute to the schema element. (#1897)
- Upgraded to current dev version of MITAB - includes a number of TAB StyleString? improvements
- support OFTDate/OFTTime/OFTDateTime when reading and writing (#2585)
- Support font point outline color
- Fix memory leaks in MySQL driver
- Fix crash with very long WHERE clause in MySQL driver
- Use assignSpatialReference for read features
- Fix SRS cache in FetchSRS()
- MYSQL: Add backquotes around table and column names to enable the use of reserved keywords (#2315)
- Fix reporting of capabilities for OGRMySQLResultLayer
- return proper results for various writing capabilities (#2184)
- Update for new meridian and strategi products (#2600)
- Fixed memory leaks in OCI driver reported by Linda Thompson (#2120)
- Support for OCI + VRT to access non spatial data (#2202)
- Prevent from calling CPLError when SDO_GEOMETRY is missing (non spatial) (#2202)
- Added support for fields of type DATE and TIMESTAMP [WITH [LOCAL] TIME ZONE] as OFTDate and OFTDateTime.
- An extra space is needed for the decimal separator when retrieving the numeric fields (#2350)
- Improved OCI driver to query spatial extent of layer using SDO_GEOM_METADATA for better performance (Ticket #543).
- OCI: Filter out MDSYS.CS_SRS entries with NULL value of WKTEXT.
- add compound and stroked-arc read support
PG (Postgres/PostGIS) Driver:
- Add the ability to specify a list of tables to be treated as layers with the 'tables=' connection string option (#1699)
- Add SPATIAL_INDEX creation option to create GIST index. Turned ON by default (#959)
- Add support for listing and correctly fetching geometry type of inherited spatial tables (#2558)
- Add support for Postgis tables with multiple geometry columns (#1476)
- Fixes to Postgres binary cursor mode and improvement/fixes to data types handling (#2312)
- Implement efficient GetFeatureCount?, SetSpatialFilter? and GetExtent? for OGRPGResultLayer
- Apply spatial filter in OGRPGDataSource::ExecuteSQL()
- Make binary cursor work with non-PostGIS geometry column
- Fix memory leaks
- Fix write outside of allocated buffer in OGR PG driver (#2303)
- Use assignSpatialReference for read features
- Fix geometry filter when there is no PostGIS geometry column
- Fix getting the PK of a table with PostgreSQL <= 7.3; Fix CreateFeatureViaCopy? when geometry column is not PostGIS geometry
- Use the 'auth_srid' to avoid mismatches between OGR and PostGIS WKTs of EPSG codes (#2123)
- Fix reporting of capabilities and handling of spatial and attribute filters by OGRPGResultLayer
- Add PG_USE_POSTGIS to be able to disable PostGIS for debug purpose
- Re-enable PQsetClientEncoding but set it to UNICODE now that the driver advertizes OLCStringsAsUTF8
- Replace use of risky sprintf by CPLString to avoid potential buffer overflows
- In non PostGIS mode, skip tables of schema 'information_schema'
- Allow VACUUM through ExecuteSQL() without a transaction (#2619).
- correct testcapability results (#2601)
- treat type 50 geometry as SHPT_ARC (#1484)
- add ODBC/PGEO support for date, time and datetime(timestamp) fields (#2691)
- recognize SQL_SMALLINT as OFTInteger (#2698)
- recognize type 9 as POINTZ (#2692)
- add sanity checks in createFromShapeBin() similar to the ones in SHPReadObject()
- Versioned editing/write support for SDE.
- Added support for geometry_columns, and WKB support
- Added preliminary FGF to geometry support
- Added spatial_ref_sys support
- Added preliminary support for spatialite geometries
- CreateField?() now works on populated layers (#2672)
- Cleanup to remove unused old classification code for multipolygons (#2174)
- Fix error class in VSI_SHP_Error (#2177)
- Fix crash with polygon with nParts == 0
- Change SHAPE driver to return a NULL geometry instead of an empty OGRMultiPoint, OGRMultiLineString and OGRMultiPolygon (bug #2217)
- Fix crashes on corrupted geometries (#2218 and #2610)
- Fix crash when dealing with unhandled field types in shape driver, in DEBUG mode (#2309)
- Add case for wkbMultiLineString and 25D in OGRShapeLayer::CreateFeature?
- Make SHPWriteOGRObject write a SHPT_NULL object for empty geometries and handle correctly multigeometries with empty geometries inside
- Make sure field type set to OFTDate when OFTDataTime requested (#2474)
- Implement OGRShapeDataSource::DeleteLayer?() (#2561)
- Ensure SOUNDG in multipoint form is MultiPoint25D not 2D.
- Print out contents of OGR_S57_OPTIONS evvironment variable if set (for debug
- Correct control for applying updates, now done in Ingest method.
- carry style string through VRT layer
- Pass the envelope of the geometry as the spatial filter in the sub-query (#2214)
- Add "shared" attribute on SrcDataSource? to control sharing. Default to OFF for SrcLayer? layers, and ON for SrcSQL layers. This endevours to avoid conflicts of layer state. (#2229)
- New for 1.6.0
SWIG Language Bindings
SWIG General :
- Added GetHistogram?
- Added SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters?
- Added GetSubDatasets? method on Dataset
- Added SetEquirectangular2
- Cast returned value to OGRDriverShadow in GetDriver? method instead of OGRLayerShadow
- Make it possible to skip adding the inline C functions into the wrapper
- Fix SWIG ReadRaster_internal and DSReadRaster_internal may crash (#2140)
- Modify GeneralCmdLineProcessor?() to recognise that a <= 0 return result is special and means NULL should be returned indicating a need to terminate the calling application.
- Added SetMetadataItem/GetMetadataItem?
- Added gdaltransformer wrapper for RFC 22
- implement the BuildFromEdges? function #2380
- Added ComputeProximity?
- Added GDALRegenerateOverviews
- Added GetFileList?
- Added GRA_Lanczos
- Added gdal.Polygonize()
- expose GDALDestroyDriverManager() to improve leak detection
- Added RasterizeLayer?() and SieveFilter?()
- If we receive an odd array type in BandWriteArray?(), cast the array to float64 which we do support (#2285).
- Add colortable accessors without Raster in name
- Fix crash on Win32 when using ogr.UseExceptions?() (#2688)
SWIG C# related changes:
- Implement GDALProgressFunc callback for C# (fix for #2122)
- Fixed that passing null as the options parameter of Driver.CreateCopy? causes access violation (#2185).
- Added GDALCreateCopy sample application
- Support for signing the GDAL C# assemblies (#2186)
- Added raster specific tests
- Reworked the wrapper implementation
- Added the bandMap parameter to the C# Dataset.ReadRaster? and Dataset.WriteRaster? API.
- Added a C# sample to demonstrate the GDALDatasetRasterIO operations.
- Added Band.GetHistogram? to the C# bindings
- Sample application for Band.GetHistogram?.
- Added the GDALAdjustContrast sample to demonstrate the image correction at the C# side.
- Added Dataset.GetGCPs, Dataset.SetGCPs and GCPsToGeoTransform in the C# bindings (bugs #2426, #1986 and #1677
- Added support for using OGR.Layer in Gdal.Polygonize
- Changed the behaviour to use OSR.SpatialReference? and OSR.CoordinateTransformation? instead of defining the same classes in the OGR namespace
- Changed the scope from internal to public of the required functions
SWIG Python related changes:
- Fix layer getitem bug (#2187)
- add some sugar to ogr.DataSource?.DeleteLayer? to be able to take in either an index or a layer name. If you give it a name, it *will* loop through all of the layers on the datasource. This might be expensive depending on the driver.
- add date/time fetching support to the generic GetField? implementation... note this is not real 'datetime' support yet
- a typemap for taking in lists of GDAL objects #2458
- don't always return 0 for OGRErrs #2498
- Added GetDefaultHistogram?() with Python implementation
- support for mingw Windows builds
- Link with gdal_i.lib instead of gdal.lib when building with MSVC compiler. (#2578)
- Added a more verbose description to the error message if projection method test fails. Skip testing parameters of International Map of the World projection since it fails (a bug?).
- driver's create method's 2nd parameter, if given, is a listref
- Support Cygwin by adding -lstdc++ to LIBS if OS is cygwin
- Add GetDriver? method as an alias to _GetDriver for DataSource?. This fixes an unnoticed side-effect of rewrapping GetDriver? for root class OGR.
- force name to be a string for _GetLayerByName and make default for name 0
- fix Layer::Schema
- use perl hash also for fields in schema (the new API was not really implemented), add Schema method also for Feature
- croak in Geometry::create unless type, wkt, wkb, or gml given
- do not call UseExceptions? when booting OGR wrappers since it is only done once when booting GDAL (of which OGR is a part), do not include inline functions from cpl_exceptions.i into OGR wrappers
- add exception support as for OGR
- use geometry factory methods in Geometry::create; accept also only coordinate parameters (i.e. auto-add 0 if needed) in Point method for Point type
- Add wrappers for field types datetime and lists. Do not use the overloaded (field name) versions of the get/set functions.
- GetField? and SetField? methods, which check for goodness of the field (name, index) and support dates, times, datetimes, and lists. In Row and Tuple the field value may be a listref.
- Support HEXWKB in Geo::OGR::Geometry::create.
- As* methods for Geometry as aliases for ExportTo?; SpatialReference?->create constuctor
- made needed links from parameters to typemaps to make Get- and SetDefaultHistogram? methods work in Perl
- support for mingw Windows builds
- removed colortable from java bindings for now (#2231)