|Version 78 (modified by 7 months ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
This is the web site, wiki and issue tracking database for the OSGeo4W project. OSGeo4W is a binary distribution of a broad set of open source geospatial software for Windows environments (Windows 10 down to 8). OSGeo4W includes QGIS, GDAL/OGR, GRASS as well as many other packages (over 150).
This project is under the umbrella of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation
Only authenticated (logged in) users can submit and edit tickets, and modify the wiki. Use your OSGeo userid/password to login.
Quick Start for OSGeo4W Users
- Download the OSGeo4W network installer
- Run the installer.
- Select Express Install, and Next.
- Pick one or more packages to install, and Next.
- The selected packages and their required sub packages will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Step 2 must be run on a computer with internet access as the installer downloads individual packages as needed. You may also need to enable your software firewall to allow the installer to have outbound access.
- Don't blindly do a full install in Advanced mode. Some components require third party additions that need to be installed manually (see the wiki page of the package). Without the additions the components might renderer the installation unuseable.
- Desktop applications will be found in Start -> All Programs -> OSGeo4W
- Command line applications will be available in the OSGeo4W Shell command window.
Web applications will be available at http://localhost/
OSGeo4W User Information
- New User Introduction
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Commandline Options
Using Apache web server MapServer Users Guide for OSGeo4W (pdf)
OSGeo4W Packager (Developer) Information
- Join the osgeo4w-dev mailing list.
- osgeo IRC channel
- Open Tickets
- SetupDevelopment - details about building and improving the gui installer.
- InstallerTranslation - steps to convert installer to local language
- GSoC - Google Summer Code Ideas
- pkg-python - Python gateway page