Installed Directory Layout
Typically the OSGeo4W tree is installed in C:\OSGeo4W but it is permitted to be located anywhere on the system. All paths below are relative to the user selected root directory.
- /apache: the Apache web server
- /apache/htdocs: The web document directory. Web applications should only include a .pkg file in this directory, see the "Web Application Package Guidelines" section below for more information.
- /apps: Directory for applications that need their own directory tree, and don't fit conveniently into /bin, /lib, etc. Each app appearing here should have a subdirectory with a name closely related to the name of the package.
- /bin: most .exe and .dll files intended to be in the user path. The apache alias '/cgi-bin/' also points to this /bin directory.
- /etc/ini: .bat files to be called from OSGEO4W_ROOT/osgeo4w.bat - usually these contain SET statements for required environment variables.
- /etc/postinstall: per package post-install scripts
- /etc/setup: used by cygwin setup to keep track of installed packages.
- /http.d: apache configuration files, one per package. See the "Web Application Package Guidelines" section below for more information.
- /include: include files required for building additional packages and executables.
- /lib: static and stub libraries required for building additional packages and executables.
- /share: static support data files.
- /src: When available source packages should unpack here with a directory name matching the package name.
- /tmp - directory to store temporary files (non-web-accessible)
- /tmp/ms_tmp/: directory to store temporary web-accessible files
- /var: currently used by Cygwin setup.exe