GDAL Tracker and Wiki
This Trac instance is used for bug, enhancement & task tracking, a user and developer wiki, and a view into the subversion code repository of GDAL project. To edit the wiki pages and bug/enhancement/task tickets you'll need to login with an OSGeo Userid. Read the TracGuide for details about how the site works.
- Submit a new bug report (you need to login with an OSGeo Userid)
- List Open Bugs
- List Open Enhancement Requests
- News and Status Reports
- Licensing Issues
- Governance and Community Participation
- Source Downloads
- Downloading ready to use executables.
- Software Using GDAL
- CodeSnippets - code snippets and GDAL usage examples (feel free to add interesting samples)
- Additional notes on GDAL and OGR utilities
- ConfigOptions - details on available GDAL/OGR configuration options and how they work.
- Security issues
- BuildHints - building GDAL from source for various systems, with support of various data formats
- RFC (Request For Comment) List
- Automated builds - GDAL compilation and testing farms
- Google Summer of Code Ideas and Projects
- TestingNotes - gdalautotest, etc.
- Reviewer check-list
- Google Summer of Code
- GDAL20Changes: Large and small changes we might make on a major release
- MeasuredGeometriesInDrivers: Working page for problems in & solutions for drivers regarding geometries with measures
GDAL/OGR In Other Languages
There is a set of generic SWIG interface files in the GDAL source tree (subdirectory swig) and a set of language bindings based on those. Currently active ones are CSharp, Java, Perl, and Python. The SWIG bindings for PHP and Ruby are out of date.
There are also other bindings that are developed outside of the GDAL source tree. These include bindings for Go,Lua, Node.js, PHP, R (rgdal in SourceForge is out of date), Tcl. There are also more Pythonic ways of using the vector/OGR functions with Fiona and the raster/GDAL ones with Rasterio (note: those offer APIs not strictly coupled the GDAL/OGR C/C++ API)
- Release/1.7.0-News (retracted)
- Release/1.4.3-News (retracted)
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.