Extended documentation and tips for the GDAL and OGR end user utilities
- GdalMerge - mosaic a set of images
- GdalTranslate- for converting rasters to other formats
- GdalWarp - transforming (projecting) rasters to different coordinate systems
- Gdal2Tiles - creates a TMS tile structure, KML SuperOverlay and simple html files with viewers
- Raster Processing Tutorial - A one hour tutorial on GDAL raster processing utilities.
- Raster and vector processing with GDAL - 4h workshop given initially at FOSS4G Europe 2015
- OgrInfo - report information on vector files (feature type, projection, schema, etc.)
- GdalGrid - create a regular grid (raster) from the scattered data read from OGR source
- ReadInZip - reading a GDAL dataset in a .gz file or a .zip archive
- ogr2gui - a windows only gui similar to ogr2ogr
- JPEG2000 utilities - Documentation of validate_jp2.py, dump_jp2.py and build_jp2_from_xml.py scripts
- Dan's GDAL scripts - a collection of GDAL-compatible utilities & alternative implementations of gdal tools.
- Let's Get Parallel - Tools and opportunities for end-user parallel raster & geometry processing - presentation from FOSS4G Europe 2015.
External User contributed documentation and tips for the GDAL and OGR end user utilities
- GDAL raster data tips and tricks
- OGR vector data tips and tricks
- Creating super-overlays with gdal2tiles by Mano Marks presents usage of gdalinfo, gdal_translate and gdalwarp
- Making geospatial PDF maps from OSM with GDAL (pdf)
- GeoTiff - the most versatile format for geo-referenced rasters (images)
- OGC Web Map Service WMS - a collection of service description XML files
- Shapefiles - about the ESRI Shapefile format
GDAL/OGR docs in PDF
This is an end-user framework built around GDAL for huge rasters. It organises national/continental-scale tiled parallel GDAL operations efficiently. It allows structured re-use of optimal GDAL configurations.
- Rbuild & GDAL presentation from FOSS4G2013. Includes notes on storage & performance efficiency in GDAL.
- Git repository.
- Demonstration project.
- A tool that compiles Excel spreadsheet descriptions into efficient gdal_calc raster algebra.
When you create a new page please use the subwiki syntax UserDocs/ANewWikiPage so it will be properly nested in the TitleIndex and easy to seperate from the developer and trac system pages. If you don't like UserDocs being prefixed in front, use the bracket syntax of [UserDocs/EasyToReadName Easy to read name], which will be displayed as Easy to read name