Support for measured geometries in drivers
The support for measured geometries has been implemented in the core for GDAL 2.1.
However, it will take some time for the support to be implemented / work in production ready quality in the drivers.
On this page the work is described.
- -dim was extended to support XY, XYZ, XYM, and XYZM (discussion: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2016-February/043728.html)
- -nlt now supports M and ZM suffixes thanks to enhancement to OGRFromOGCGeomType
- -geom was extended to support WKT and ISO_WKT and the latter was set as the default (discussion: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2016-February/043734.html)
- Implemented, no known issues
- swig/perl/t/00-measures-02.t pass
- to be done
- The range of M is not written (Note E. Rouault: is it true ?)
- pass without changes (changes were undone)
- swig/perl/t/00-measures-03.t pass
- Support for measures is mentioned, also the SHPT creation option list is updated.
- swig/perl/t/00-measures-04.t pass (also for PostGIS 1.5.8)
- to be done
Implemented in CSV, VRT, SQLite/Spatiliate, PGDump, GPKG, FileGDB / OpenFileGDB
ArcGIS_generated_shapefiles_with_Z.zip (6.7 KB) - added by 15 months ago.
Simple shapefiles created with ArcGIS that were created using Z dimension
alueXYZ.zip (1.4 KB) - added by 15 months ago.
pisteXYZ.zip (1.3 KB) - added by 15 months ago.
viivaXYZ.zip (1.4 KB) - added by 15 months ago.
multipisteXYZ.zip (1.4 KB) - added by 15 months ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip