MapGuide 4.0.0 Preview 1 Release Notes
MapGuide Open Source 4.0.0 Preview 1 is now available.
Table of Contents
NOTE: As of MapGuide Open Source 4.0, 32-bit Windows builds are no longer provided and SHA-1 checksums are provided for all binary aritfacts listed
|64-bit Windows Installer||127,267,355 bytes||af7f84176fe08b0fbf2572ea67f5024a66973c00|
|64-bit Windows InstantSetup bundle||105,607,552 bytes||1526eaf2012b9a372c986446e7c4e2f7a639de74|
New Features in 4.0 Preview 1
NOTE: 4.0 Preview 1 is a snapshot of the current work in progress and is not indicative of what the 4.0 final release may look like
- Massive tile set improvements
- Support for UTFGrid as tile output format MapGuide RFC 159
- MapGuide RFC 170
- Support for meta-tile generation
- Support for a localized version of the (previously serverconfig.ini global)
- MapGuide RFC 173
- Support for "retina" (aka. hi-dpi) tile generation
- Removed tile set restrictions for
- WFS/WMS improvements
- New APIs
- Geometry simplification APIs MapGuide RFC 153
MgMapinstances with initial display parameters MapGuide RFC 157
- "Clean and simplified" JSON output in mapagent MapGuide RFC 158
- mapagent operations that return feature data is outputted as GeoJSON under this mode
- Geo-processing operations for mapagent MapGuide RFC 161
- Batch coordinate transformation support in mapagent and transformation support for geometry data MapGuide RFC 162
- New MgMap properties to describe newly surfaced tile set properties introduced with MapGuide RFC 173
QUERYMAPFEATURESv4.0.0 request may throw
MgObjectNotFoundExceptionwriting selection keys
- No known workaround exists besides going back to an older version of this operation, will be addressed by the next preview release.
Maestro Authoring Known Issues
The current release of MapGuide Maestro (6.0m10) has some known issues when connecting to a 4.0 preview 1 server. These issues will be addressed with the next milestone release.
- Local map previews will fail. (https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-maestro/issues/78)
- Workaround: Use the browser-based resource preview until the next milestone release.
- Map Definition editor UI still assumes tileset linkage restrictions that were lifted with RFC 173 (https://github.com/jumpinjackie/mapguide-maestro/issues/75)
- Workaround: Edit the Map Definition XML directly
MGOS 4.0.0 Preview 1 is built against FDO trunk (r7843)
Due to unavailable build resources (the build maintainer does not have access to the ESRI SDK), this release does not include the ArcSDE FDO provider
FDO trunk (r7843) is near identical to FDO 4.1 in terms of functionality with the following changes:
- Improved WFS services support for WFS FDO provider
You cannot use the windows installer to in-place upgrade an existing MapGuide Open Source 3.1.x or older installation. Only one MapGuide installation (via the Windows installer) can exist on any given machine. Use the InstantSetup bundle if side-by-side installs are required. Be sure to back up any data and applications before carrying out the new installation.
Before upgrading, it is recommended that you take a backup of your existing repository (whether that is through creating MGP packages with the MapGuide Site Administrator or using the provided repository backup tools/scripts)
- Size: 13,604,700 bytes
- md5: 351b21e2c432b493fe2f073d7ab10205
Due to size constraints, the binary packages for this release of MapGuide omit the following CS-Map data files:
- NSRS 2007/2011 datum shift files
- 1996/1999/2003 Geoid height data files
- GDA 2020 datum shift files
These extra files are available for download as a separate 7-zip archive:
- Size: 230,627,172 bytes
- SHA-1: 798b189f88a2d50c71f1d01cfdcdeac9939ccb11
To install these files, extract the contents into your
Dictionaries folder of your CS-Map installation. On Windows, this would normally be:
Restart your MapGuide Server after extracting the files.
Unless you work with data in one or more coordinate systems that involves one of the above datums, you do not need these files.
|Windows Server 2008||Yes+||Yes+|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||N/A||Yes|
|Windows Server 2012||N/A||Yes1|
|Windows Server 2016||N/A||Yes|
Please report any issues you find.