Bug tracking systems are only as good as the data users put into them. Well-written defect reports and enhancement requests are incredibly helpful. However, there's a certain amount of overhead involved in working with any bug tracking system, so your help in keeping our ticket tracker as useful as possible is appreciated. In particular please follow these guidelines:
Before submitting a ticket
- Search the tracker to see if your issue has already been filed.
- Ask on the mapguide-users mailing list first to be sure what you're seeing is a bug or if a particular feature already exists.
- Sign up for an OSGeo UserID and use it to login to this site.
When submitting a defect
- Write complete, reproducible, specific bug reports and include as much information as you possibly can, complete with code snippets, test cases, etc.
- Include a clear, concise description of the problem, identify the server and client platform, and provide a clear set of instructions for replicating the problem.
When submitting an enhancement request
- Provide a clear description of the desired functionality.
- Include motivations and use cases to justify the requirement.
Values for ticket properties
- Fill in the Version field with the version of MapGuide Open Source that you are using
- All other fields may be modified when the ticket is reviewed/assigned, so you can leave them blank
- Attachments (patches, images, partial logfiles) are strongly encouraged. Your submission should speak for itself. Please try to keep file sizes down though.
Finally please do not
- Use the ticket system to ask support questions. Use the mapguide-users mail list for that.
- Reopen issues that have been marked "wontfix". This mark means that the decision has been made that we can't or won't fix this particular issue. If you're not sure why, please ask on mapguide-internals.
- Use the ticket tracker for lengthy discussions, because they're likely to get lost. If a particular ticket is controversial, please move discussion to mapguide-users or mapguide-internals.
You can submit new tickets here, or by clicking on the New Ticket link at the top of this page.