|Version 54 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Table of Contents
Dependencies required for building with MinGW
Compiling your own copy of GRASS is greatly simplified by using the OSGeo4W directory structure to install most dependencies and downloading the rest from a few other locations. Follow the steps below to set up the build environment for GRASS.
Install the OSGeo4W directory structure
OSGeo4W has several of the required dependencies for compiling GRASS:
- Download the OSGeo4W installer from here.
- Run the installer.
- Select Advanced Install, and Next.
- Set the install directory to c:\OSGeo4W (other directories or fine if there are no spaces in the path but make sure to adjust the instructions below (?))
- Select grass from the desktop section (this is a binary but we'll compile from source later).
- Also select:
- mingw-libs (contains mingw-style libraries for VC build binaries and depends on gdal, libpq, libjpeg-devel, sqlite3, libtiff, zlib, proj)
- Click next, the selected packages and their required subpackages will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Install the environment for compilation (MingW)
- Run msys (there should be an icon on the desktop)
- Copy c:\osgeo4w\apps\msys\etc\fstab.sample to c:\osgeo4w\apps\msys\etc\fstab (without .sample)
- Open c:\osgeo4w\apps\msys\etc\fstab
- At line 16, change:
c:/mingw /mingw c:/ActiveState/perl /perl
- Download the MinGW packages:
- Unpack all to c:\osgeo4w
- bison from here
- bison-deps from here
- flex from here
- gettext-bin from here
- gettext-lib from here
- libintl-bin from here
- libintl-lib from here
- regex from here
Unpack all to c:\osgeo4w
Compiling and Installing GRASS (6.4.0)
- Download the latest GRASS 6.4.0 source code from here.
- Unpack to c:\osgeo4w\usr\src
- Open c:\osgeo4w\usr\src\grass64\mswindows\osgeo4w\package.sh and at line 12:
--with-libs="/c/OSGeo4W/lib /c/MinGW/lib" \ --with-includes="/c/OSGeo4W/include /c/MinGW/include" \
--with-libs=/c/OSGeo4W/lib \ --with-includes=/c/OSGeo4W/include \
- To compile, type in MSYS console:
export PATH="/osgeo4w/bin:$PATH" cd /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.4xxx (change to dir of the version you downloaded) ./mswindows/osgeo4w/package.sh
When finished, you should have the following compilation log (c:\osgeo4w\usr\src\grass-6.4xxx\error.log):
GRASS GIS compilation log ------------------------- Started compilation: Mon Feb 16 10:11:17 GMT 2009 -- Errors in: /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.daemon /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.edgedensity /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.patchdensity /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.patchnum /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.shape /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.simpson /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.shannon /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.mps /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.mpa /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.padcv /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.padsd /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.padrange /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.cwed /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.richness /usr/local/src/grass-6.4.0/raster/r.li/r.li.dominance -- In case of errors please change into the directory with error and run 'make'. If you get multiple errors, you need to deal with them in the order they appear in the error log. If you get an error building a library, you will also get errors from anything which uses the library. -- Finished compilation: Mon Feb 16 10:11:17 GMT 2009 make: *** [default] Error 1
Currently r.li.* cannot be compiled on Windows, but grass will run fine without them.
- Because of these errors in the install script stops. To finish it type:
Now GRASS should be installed in c:\osgeo4w\apps\grass-6.4.0\
To start grass use the icon on the desktop.
OR, if you want to be able to use the command line from within grass, you'll need a different start-up file.
- Open C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\bin\grass64 and at line 24 add:
# Set the PYTHONPATH PYTHONPATH="$GISBASE/etc/python:$PYTHONPATH"
- To start grass, type in MSYS console:
Or to use the new wxpython GUI:
Building with MS Visual Studio
- GRASS package page in OSGeo4W (including packaging notes)
- Develop your own GRASS modules on MS-Windows
- http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/BuildingFromSource by QGIS Team
- http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/grass/BuildFromSource.html by Marco Pasetti
- http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/qgis+grass/BuildFromSource.html by Marco Pasetti