|Version 32 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Welcome to Proj4J
Table of Contents
Proj4J is a Java library to transform point coordinates from one geographic coordinate system to another, including datum transformations.
The core of this library is a port of the PROJ.4 C library. The projection algorithms, concepts and coordinate system definitions are all taken directly from PROJ.4. These are wrapped in a Java class model which follows standard Java conventions and OO best practices.
Proj4J is a part of the MetaCRS group of projects, hosted by OSGeo.
- Uses the PROJ.4 coordinate system definition files
- Supports many PROJ.4 parameters
- Implements over 90 projections
- Provides coordinate system definitions for EPSG and ESRI authorities
- Simple, efficient API
- Unit tests defined in MetaCRS format
Status: Currently this library is still being created, and is not yet ready for download
- The current development source is available via anonymous SVN from http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/proj4j.
- The PROJ.4 documentation is the best reference for details of the coordinate system specification language, projection algorithms and supported parameters.
- the Version History lists the evolution of features of the library
A mailing list is available for users and developers of Proj4J.
- Subscription, unsubscription and a web archive are at http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/proj4j.
- Direct link to the mailing list archive.
- Design Goals
- SVN repository: http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/proj4j.
- Browse source here.
- Submit a new bug report (you need to login with an OSGeo Userid)
- List Open Bugs
- List Open Enhancement Requests
Proj4J is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
- The PROJ.4 site has a comprehensive list of resources dealing with Coordinate Systems in general and the PROJ.4 library in particular.
The Proj4J codebase is based on a partial port of PROJ.4 carried out by JHLabs circa 2006. The JHLabs port provided a large number of the PROJ.4 projections, but did not support some PROJ.4 features such as datum transformation.