List of hosters that people run PostGIS on and are happy with. Note many of these are standard ISPs or standard Cloud Hosting providers with no specific expertise in PostgreSQL/PostGIS, but people like them for the price, speed, and or support for their work loads.
- HostGIS offers both PostGIS and UMN Mapserver - See recommendation from Bruce Rindahl and David Fawcett
- Hub.org - See recommendation from Sean Montague
- OpenGeo Suite on SkyGone Cloud Hosting - comes in Community, Enterprise Cloud Edition, and Enterprise Auto Scaling. Entrprise editions include technical support for OpenGeo Stack components (PostGIS/Geoserver) and all are preconfigured with OpenGeo Cloud edition stack consisting of PostGIS /GeoServer, GeoExplorer.
- WebFaction - See recommendation from William Temperley
- Amazon Webservices AWS-EC2 recommended by Randy George
Although Amazon EBS block storage is not the greatest for database work and in fact many with high peformance needs have had issues with it, there are many Amazon Images (AMIs) preconfigured with PostGIS and Open Source GIS stacks so it is great for getting your feet wet. It also also allows you to shut off the server and not incur additional charges.
GoGrid offers both Windows and Linux Cloudhosting and their tech support is extremely responsive. While they don't specifically offer PostgreSQL/PostGIS, this is something you can install yourself easily and people are beginning to build community images for.
- Development Island Offers PostGIS hosting
- Linode Cloudhosting This is a cloud hosting provider that we know a couple of people running PostgreSQL/PostGIS on and are happy with. We have one client that runs on this and price/support/speed are happy with it. They offer many Linux OS to choose from but offer no Windows hosting.
- AcuGIS Offers PostGIS hosting in the United States and Europe. PostGIS 2.x.latest along with PostgreSQL 9.1 to 9.6. AcuGIS combines the convenience of cPanel with the power of PostGIS. Install PostGIS in your databases in one-click from your control panel. One-click installer for pgRouting 2.x.latest and PointCloud PostGIS is also included in all PostGIS hosting plans.
- CartoDb PostGIS in the cloud without the maintenance hassle includes web mapping API
- Amazon PostgreSQL RDS comes packaged with PostgreSQL 9.3 PostGIS 2.1 (use standard CREATE EXTENSION postgis;)
- Heroku Postgres still in flux current seems to be PostGIS 2.0 and PostgreSQL 9.2