Menu and Desktop icon to launch an OSGeo4W command shell suitable for commandline utilities (GDAL, PROJ, etc).
Creates Osgeo4w Shell link on Desktop and Startmenu. Spawned from ticket #18
osgeo4w - opens a command shell with proper o4w environment set
osgeo4w foo - opens a command shell with proper o4w environment set, and call program
o-help - a quick report of the available programs (pretty prints bin/*.exe, *.py)
- 1.0.0-13: remove addpath and inpath utils (c.f. #295); insert
osgeo4w\binto beginning of PATH
- 1.0.0-11: allow spaces in Osgeo4w_root path (#315); extend
o-helpto show .com files, and skip missing filetypes
- 1.0.0-9: #284, new batch files
inpathto intelligently only add items to PATH if they're not there exist already.
- 1.0.0-9: #276, instead of stripping trailing backslash just convert doubles to singles.
- 1.0.0-8: fix: cleaner calling of parameters introduced in .0-7; less noise in o-help reporting.
- 1.0.0-7: change: pass initiating command line args to o4w shell. Allows calling osgeo4w.bat with parameters, e.g.
"path\to\osgeo4w.bat %pythonhome%\path\to\pythonwin.exe". Also don't display help if parameters are present (is faster and not as noisy).
- 1.0.0-6: bugfix: postinstall bat did not have properly closed quotes
- 1.0.0-6: change:
o-helplists batchfiles as well as .exe and .py
- 1.0.0-5: fixed startmenu group, was double nested (OSGeo4W\OSGeo4W)
- 1.0.0-4: fixed bug in postinstall where duplicate desktop link was created
- 1.0.0-3: fixed bug in postinstall: Start menu one link was not created properly
- 1.0.0-3: osgeo.bat calls o-help on startup
- 1.0.0-3: Shortened osgeo-help.bat to o-help.bat (if you upgraded from .0-2 you may need to remove the old one manually)
Recently closed tickets
defect type tickets:
- Osgeo4w.bat problem with setting root
- Spaces in install path breaks OSGeo4W.bat
- OSGeo4w shell: Environment not set correctly to use python with qgis bindings
- pkg-apt: needs path changes for Windows 7
enhancement type tickets: