- Base runtime libraries, and installer/runtime support executables
- This package includes the Microsoft runtimes corresponding to Visual Studio 6, 2002 (7.0), 2003 (7.1) and 9.0 (2008).
- The visual studio 8.0 runtime is actually installed in the system directory by virtue of a post install step running and then deleting the file vcredist_x86.exe.
- This package includes xxmklink used for creating start menu and desktop links in post install scripts.
- This package includes textreplace used for post processing scripts with hardcoded paths as part of post install scripts.
- This package includes dllupdate used for installing dlls into \windows\system32 when newer as part of post install scripts.
- This package includes nircmd alternativly usable to create shortcuts, running batch files windowless and more.
- This package creates the o4w_env.bat used by some scripts to setup the OSGeo4W environment.
v1.0.1-11: removed output and
@echo off from o4w_env.bat (JuergenFischer)
v1.0.1-10: start from clean path and set OSGEO4W_ROOT to short path
nircmd to allow starting batch files from a shortcut without a flashing cmd window. (JuergenFischer)
o4w_env.bat so that it is portable, meaning OSGEO4W_ROOT is no longer hardcoded and is calculated at runtime (MattWilkie)
v1.0.1-5 and earlier: not recorded
Recently closed tickets
defect type tickets:
- lasinfo reports missing msvcp120.dll
- QGIS 2.6 doesn't install (crssync and qgis-bin missing msvc210.dll)
- o4w_env.bat pollutes stdout with OSGEO4W home info
- Osgeo4w.bat problem with setting root
- Fail to install vc++2005 runtime during installation with a Japapense (2byte) user name
enhancement type tickets:
- unbundle osgeo4w-files from msvcrt-package