Misc notes for the future on my setup of the UCDavisBuildVM setup.
- Most work done on my own account (warmerdam).
- Accessable as o4w.gdal.org
- Installed Cygwin normally plus a few packages.
- Enabled ssh login by running "ssh-host-config -y" (make sure it is from a cygwin shell "run as administrator").
- It prompted for a password for the special admin account created, used my "normal" password.
- Use the command "net start sshd" to start the service.
- Then go into Windows Firewall, and select "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall", hit "Change Settings", then "Allow another program...", "Browse" and select c:\cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe.
- Modify /etc/sshd_config to have the line ClientAliveInterval 60 to prevent ssh sessions from being dropped after a while, and restarted sshd.
- After installing VC2010 Express setup a $HOME/bin/cygwin2010.sh script to setup the environment from cygwin. Note that on 64bit VMs MSVC is in "\Program Files (x86)"
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.