MapGuide RFC 125 - Support Google Street View in Fusion
This page contains an change request (RFC) for the MapGuide Open Source project. More MapGuide RFCs can be found on the RFCs page.
|RFC Template Version||(1.0)|
|Last Modified||Ted Yang 27/08/2012|
|Implementation Status||under development|
|Assigned PSC guide(s)||Bruce Dechant|
|+1||Trevor, Jakie, Bruce, Zac, Haris|
This RFC is trying to integrate the Google Street View into Fusion Viewer. With the new widget enabled, users can see the street view of the map if the service is available.
It’s always a better experience to see a vivid view of the world than only lines and blocks. Since Google has provided the APIs to access the Google Street View, here comes an idea to integrate Google Street view to MapGuide so that the user could see and interact with both the Map and the picture of the real world.
The Google Street Viewer will be implemented as a new widget:
- The Street View can be displayed in TaskPanel or a separate Window / Frame according to the configuration
- There will be an icon in Map indicating the position of the camera, the user can drag / rotate the icon to interact with the Street View
- Coordinate System transform will be done if necessary
This new widget will have some extension properties:
- Target, The frame, window, or TaskPane in which to display Google Street View for the widget. If empty, a new window is used
- SymbolLayerName, The name of layer that shows the navigator symbol on map
- ShowDirection, Whether to show a line to describe the current direction of the camera
- DirectionLength, The length of the line to describe the current direction of the camera
This new function will only be implemented in Fusion Viewer. The new Google Street View widget is mainly some JS scripts, no changes to the Server Code.
Supplied by Autodesk.