Opened 12 years ago
Closed 12 years ago
#368 closed enhancement (fixed)
Make GeoNetwork auto-changing your metadata optional
|Reported by:||heikki||Owned by:||heikki|
Some people have complained about update-fixed-info, that it makes changes changes to their metadata.
We can makes this operation optional, where Admin users might switch it off in the System config page.
If the default option is to run it, there will be effectively no change unless Admins opt for it.
Change History (10)
comment:1 by , 12 years ago
comment:2 by , 12 years ago
comment:3 by , 12 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
committed to 2.6.x
comment:4 by , 12 years ago
|Milestone:||v2.7.0 → v2.6.2|
comment:5 by , 12 years ago
|Status:||closed → reopened|
1) This option is not used as DataManager use "system/autofixing/enabled" and settings is "system/autofixing/enable".
2) If you turn this on, create a record and you'll get an extra root element (in XML view) :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <root> <gmd:MD_Metadata xmlns:gts="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gts" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml" xmlns:gco="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gco" xmlns:gmd="http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd"> <gmd:fileIdentifier> <gco:CharacterString/>
and then extra root element on each save action.
3) "CharacterString must have content or parent's nilReason attribute must be legitimate." ISO rule could then only be solved by fix in XML view.
4) dateStamp will never change.
5) " cvc-complex-type.4: Attribute 'id' must appear on element 'gml:Polygon'. (Element: gml:Polygon with parent element: gmd:polygon)" could then only be solved by fix in XML view.
6) Upload document will not work anymore.
7) Multilingual metadata does not work because Id are not created for other languages.
Maybe user should be aware of all these consequences !
comment:6 by , 12 years ago
ok, I'll take a look.
seems (1) and (2) and maybe (6) are bugs. The rest is just the effect of not having GeoNetwork making automatic changes to metadata without user intervention.
It's clear that the GeoNetwork editor (except the XML editor) are not OK to be used with this, for reasons like you mention; I think the complainers probably used another means of creating or obtaining metadata, and they want to have it in GeoNetwork unchanged.
We could add some warning when people disable auto-changing, that it is not recommended if they intend to use the GN editor for anything, what do you think ?
by , 12 years ago
comment:7 by , 12 years ago
Patch for 1 & 2.
For (6), upload works but URL is not created according to configuration. Empty URL and no file to download even if upload is ok.
comment:8 by , 12 years ago
thanks ! I've committed your patch to 2.6.x and trunk.
What about warning when people disable autofixing ? Display an otherwise hidden div next to it in the sysconfig page, with the text "It is recommended you do not use the GeoNetwork default or advanced editor when auto-changing is disabled", or something like that ?
comment:9 by , 12 years ago
|Milestone:||v2.6.3 → v2.7.0|
|Status:||reopened → closed|
Add info in documentation r7493.
committed to trunk