Ticket #1670 (closed task: fixed)
|Reported by:||mwtoews||Owned by:||robe|
I've made many changes to the README.postgis file:
- Use consistent formatting in reStructuredText - some was, some wasn't. To view result, copy/paste the file text into http://www.tele3.cz/jbar/rest/rest.html
- Wrap lines to 80 columns, trim trailing whitespace, replace tabs with space chars
- Fix typos, and use consistent case and punctuation
- Merged some content from README.raster (I hope); see #1649
- Alphabetize the directory structure
- Add ./libpgcommon to directory structure, and attempt to describe it
- Mention that both Raster and Topology extensions are built by default, add notes how build without them
- There are probably other things that should be improved, such as how to spatially enable a 9.1+ database using extensions
- Could this file be moved back to README? (svn move README.postgis README)
- I'm not sure if mentioning apt-get commands is a great idea, since there are many package managing solutions (yum, etc.), and different distros have different names for these packages (e.g., -devel). I have started (but not completed) UsersWikiInstall to address platform specific instructions (which should probably get mentioned somewhere)
I really don't expect this patch to be applied as-is, since there are probably several improvements to include (or not!).
I've attached both the whole file and a diff patch.