MapGuide 2.4.1 Release Notes
Table of Contents
Windows 32 bit installer:
- Size: 130,534,058 bytes
- md5: b45f1c49ef392ea71efb90fa91c69c3d
Windows 64 bit installer:
- Size: 135,276,231 bytes
- md5: af30c7713914cd4be200688851dd50da
Windows 32-bit MgInstantSetup bundle:
- Size: 128,954,766 bytes
- md5: 1f424c096545f8f4d7d688e3c3d5e74b
Windows 64-bit MgInstantSetup bundle:
- Size: 132,898,184 bytes
- md5: 0ec770a2c7e787711be345730d020c4a
Ubuntu 12.04 install script (32-bit):
- Size: 14,422 bytes
- md5: 7b94321f39689c1434a51afa63dc3ffc
CentOS 5.x install script (32-bit):
- Size: 1,800 bytes
- md5: bf4a141292bafcff63af9fb314ebcddc
Fusion build tools
Fusion build tools is a zip file containing the build.xml and associated build tools required to "re-compile" fusionSF.js and fusionSF-compressed.js on a production fusion installation.
Use the Fusion build tools if you have made patches and/or modifications to your fusion installation, and you need to build a new fusionSF.js and/or fusionSF-compressed.js
In order to use the Fusion build tools, you need to have Apache Ant installed.
- Size: 1,376,385 bytes
- md5: b4b11222467b7b8d8dd8a99691db24b1
To use the Fusion build tools, extract the zip file contents into your fusion directory and navigate to this directory in the command prompt and execute the following command:
This will re-build fusionSF.js and fusionSF-compressed.js under fusion\lib
Due to the default installation location (under Program Files), you may need to do this under a UAC-elevated command prompt or fix the directory permissions so that normal users can create/modify files.
|Windows XP SP3||Yes||Maybe*|
|Windows Server 2003||Yes||Maybe*|
|Windows Server 2008||Yes+||Yes+|
|Windows Server 2008 R2||N/A||Yes|
|Windows Server 2012||N/A||Yes1|
+ Not tested, but similar enough to Windows 7 to theoretically work
- IIS configuration will probably not work. Apache config should work due to its self-contained nature
1 IIS/.Net successfully tested on Windows 8 64-bit and Windows Server 2012. Windows 8 32-bit is similar enough to theoretically work. Apache config untested
Windows RT (ie. Windows 8 on ARM devices) is not a supported platform for installing MapGuide Open Source
- You cannot use the windows installer to in-place upgrade an existing MapGuide Open Source 2.4 installation, you cannot have 2.4 and 2.4.1 installed side-by-side with the windows installer and you must uninstall 2.4 before installing 2.4.1. Use the InstantSetup? bundle if side-by-side installs are required. Be sure to back up any data and applications before carrying out the new installation.
- On linux, the install path is
/usr/local/mapguideopensource-2.4.1and the FDO install path is
/usr/local/fdo-3.7.0. You must uninstall 2.4 before installing 2.4.1. Be sure to back up any data and applications before carrying out the new installation.
- For security reasons, EXECUTESQLQUERY has been removed from the mapagent. If you require such functionality, you can implement an equivalent handler with the MapGuide API, but take careful consideration in validating the input SQL that your handler receives before passing it down to MgFeatureService?.ExecuteSqlQuery?()
MapGuide Open Source 2.4.1 fixes the following issues
- #2165: MgFeatureService?.UpdateFeatures?() does not rollback internal transaction if useTransaction = true
- #2189, #2190: MgLayerCollection?.Remove() and MgLayerGroupCollection?.Remove() returns true even if removing something that doesn't exist
- #2199: Empty POST request crashes mapagent handler
- #2213: New serverconfig.ini option to use the GwsQueryEngine? as a fallback for Feature Joins
- #2214: Fix inability to select from a SQL Server joined feature class using RFC123 optimizations
- #2218, #2251: MgExceptions? thrown by MgFeatureService?.UpdateFeatures?() improperly sent back from the server tier to web tier.
- #1981: Selection always uses the first layer style
- #2284: Basic point symbol previews now consider rotation
- #2270: GetLegendImage? disregards image format
- #2315: Fix meaningless System.Exception for any un-mapped proxy MgException? that is thrown
- #2316: MgResourceTagNotFoundException? not exposed to PHP/.net/Java
- #833: MgLayer/MgLayerGroup? has empty labels if revealed from an initially hidden state
- #2263: Buffer fails against a feature class with multiple geometry properties
- #2267: parent.InMeasure? is not a function
- #2331: Select Polygon hangs when digitizing invalid polygon
- #2329: Legend is not correctly displayed in both basic and flexible web layout
- #2334: Improve label text and group/layer indentation for GETLEGENDIMAGE
- #2323: WMS should not throw exception if no coordinate system set up
- #2312: WMS request fails for Drawing Source Layer
MGOS 2.4.1 is compatible with FDO 3.7.
This release is built against the FDO 3.7 branch.