Code Sprint - Virtual - 2020
Sponsorship dollars will be used to support development of features and bug fixes and travel (travel is a pipe dream)? Please contact <lr at pcorp dot us> or <treasurer at osgeo.org>.
We are able to accept payments in the form of Credit Card, Bank Transfer, Pay Pal, and for US companies (all the already stated plus checks)
The main aim is to begin thinking about current planned release of PostGIS 3.1.0 and next releases, and major features to be attempted.
- wiki:PostGIS31 topics
- PostGIS 3.1 ticket triage (if not released yet) otherwise work/planning for PostGIS 3.2
- PostgreSQL integration
- Desired core improvements
- Core features we should make use of
- Discuss feasibility / strategies for GEOS overlay features and TOAST
- Performance testing suite
- What goes in NEWS file and announcements
- Packaging concerns - LTS / static / dependency
- Suggestion: Obfuscate security e-mail to reduce spam.
- Suggestion: Reduce the number of supported stable releases to 2 (3.0 + 3.1 + master once 3.1 is released)
- Add your own … ?
PostGIS (and GEOS, Proj, PgSQL, GDAL, CGAL, etc?) people who will be there:
- Paul Ramsey (all)
- Regina Obe (all)
- Leo Hsu (if people talk about strategy instead of boring stuff like code)
- Darafei Praliaskouski (assuming no country chaos can attend all)
- Raúl Marín (all)
- Greg Troxel (at least part)
- Martin Davis (all)
- Sandro Santilli (might jump in during the last 2 hours)
- TBD during the event