|Version 8 (modified by 4 years ago) ( diff ),|
Google Season of Docs 2019
This page captures ideas and accomplishments for the PostGIS submission to the Google Season of Docs 2019.
PostgreSQL is also participating (wiki).
- Martin Davis (Crunchy Data)
- Regina Obe (Paragon Corporation)
Documentation Project Ideas
Content style review
Sugggested by: Martin Davis
Edit all content for prose style consistency, typos, spelling mistakes, etc.
Suggested by: Regina Obe
How to Workbooks that walk a user thru how to use each of the core pieces of PostGIS
- Geometry / Geography - Loading data (shp2pgsql, QGIS DbManager), querying data, viewing data in various tools (OpenJump, QGIS, pgAdmin4), performance tuning
- Topology - Converting existing data into topologies, building topogeometries, viewing data, and querying data
- Raster - Deciding on tiles sizes, Loading raster data with raster2pgsql, querying raster data alone, raster / geometry queries, converting raster to geometry, viewing raster data in QGIS
Format code and output
Suggested by: Darafei Praliaskouski
We have separate tags for screen output and SQL input. If we fix input to have no output then formatting can be applied to it, getting syntax highlighted and other validations..