Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#827 closed defect (fixed)

Hudson has fallen again and can't get up

Reported by: robe Owned by: chodgson
Priority: medium Milestone: PostGIS 2.0.0
Component: management Version: master
Keywords: Cc:

Description

Chris,

Sorry to bug you again but Hudson is stuck. Can you kick him again :).

It's probably the last change I made that broke it, but it didn't send me a message and has been trying to finish for the past 30 hours when it usually takes 8-15 minutes.

Hung at this step again:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode

So hopefully a good kick in the butt will get him going again.

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by robe

I guess you must have kicked it since it came back and sent me an error note, but unfortunately I killed it again. I think it might have been my <p> instead of <para> that sent Hudson into a raging fit. I've fixed that now. If you want to give him another kick.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by chodgson

Kicked, and kicked again. How long does the pdflatex process normally take? I'm tempted to write a cron job that checks for runaway pdflatex processes (over 20 min? 10 min?) ...

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by robe

That wouldn't be abad idea. Actually I'm looking at the console. Its not at the pdflatex point yet. The whole thing from start to finish usually takes about 8-15 minutes.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by robe

Now it just got into the pdflatex point. I think that is the longest part of the process - so I would say that part probably takes about 5-10 minutes.

Maybe there is still some stuff in there it doesn't like (but too early to tell since it hasn't been in the pdflatex part for more than 2 minutes so far since my correction). I did add a new section.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by robe

Okay I think it might be hung again. I thought maybe these errors might be causing some problems.

No template matches subtitle in book.
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed
XPath error : Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathEval: evaluation failed

but looking back at past successful builds -- it always gives those errors. Actually everything up to this point looks like successful builds logs now. Perhaps there are some junk files left over from the previous fails that its trying to read or its trying to pull a new docbook stylesheet from the web or something.

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by robe

I guess it doesn't like my sect2 parts since it seemed to hang as soon as I put that back in. Not sure why since we have them elsewhere - unless its a rule that you can't have ref entries and sect2 in the same chapter. I got rid of those and just have a sect1 and stuffed everything in there. So restart it again when you get the chance.

I'm going to give it a rest for a while.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by robe

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Chris,

Thanks. Looks like it is all set. So I guess the lesson learned is can't have sect2 in chapters that have ref sections. I think that might have been how I broke it last time too when I was playing around with sect2s in Topology.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.