Make B-Tree sorting blazingly fast
- make gserialized_get_sort_hash function;
- make it return least possible value on EMPTY;
- make it read not box, but first coordinate of gserialized. This way no geography/geometry branching is needed, and it should be faster than getting a float-rounded box center for geometries that don't store it;
- make fast path for complete equality for fast GROUP BY in gserizlized_cmp;
- create sortsupport function that will employ gserialized_get_sort_hash and full equality fast path;
- investigate when to abort abbreviated compare in sort. (this is going to happen more often on 32bit machines, as sortsupport key will be 32bit, containing half of 64bit key).
changed from pramsey to komzpa
PostGIS 2.5.0 → PostGIS 3.0.0
new → closed
This ticket is spin off from #3864, it's not possible in 2.4 branch since it will change behavior and require opclass recreation.