Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#1623 closed defect (fixed)

Can't compile anymore under mingw 3.4.5

Reported by: robe Owned by: pramsey
Priority: blocker Milestone: PostGIS 2.0.0
Component: postgis Version: master
Keywords: Cc:

Description

did something change between yesterday and otday. I don't think I changed anything but now I'm getting this error:

lwin_wkt_lex.c:693: warning: no previous prototype for 'wkt_yylex'
lwin_wkt_lex.c: In function `wkt_yylex':
lwin_wkt_lex.c:785: error: `yylineno' undeclared (first use in this function)
lwin_wkt_lex.c:785: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
lwin_wkt_lex.c:785: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [lwin_wkt_lex.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/projects/PostGIS/trunk/liblwgeom'
make: *** [all] Error 1
/bin/perl utils/svn_repo_revision.pl
Can't fetch SVN revision: no svn executable found
Not updating existing rev file at 0

I can add svn to my path and see if that fixes the issue but not sure why SVN is suddenly a requirement. I assume it will not be for tar balls.

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by robe

Okay I think I'm completely screwed now. I think the thing that is causing me grief is Paul's recent change to change all the mime types etc. in r9324 or r9323.

After all this mess, I deleted my trunk and then did a clean svn checkout. Then the real fun started and even my autoconf refused to work anymore and strted giving really cryptic errors like can't write to this and that. Even building the configure doesn't work.

So I downloaded the tar ball and overlaid that and then things were working again.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by robe

FWIW: this is what I get with a clean checkout.

* Running /mingw/bin/libtoolize (2.2.10)
   OPTIONS = --force --copy --install
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./config.guess'
libtoolize: copying file `./config.sub'
libtoolize: copying file `./install-sh'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `macros'.
libtoolize: copying file `macros/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `macros/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `macros/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `macros/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `macros/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I macros' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.

* Running /mingw/bin/aclocal (1.11)
' is already registered with AC_CONFIG_FILES.
../../lib/autoconf/status.m4:290: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.ac:1024: the top level
/bin/m4: cannot remove temporary directory /tmp/m4-S7qpxB: Directory not empty
autom4te: /bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

  Something went wrong, giving up!

Yes things are really bad when your dev env gives up.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by pramsey

Me too. Looks like configure.ac has to be LF. I've changed that now. Note that mingw (mine at any rate) has both dos2unix and unix2dos utilities, so it's easy to flip files over and see if it makes a difference.

comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by robe

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Okay that worked. Looks like I'm back on track and everything is passing regress including raster :)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.