Building OSGeo Live DVD for FOSS4G 2010
12 June 2010
We have started building this year's OSGeo-Live DVD which will be handed out to every delegate at FOSS4G 2010, as well as many other Geospatial events.
This year, OSGeo-Live will be even sexier, more useful and professional by including:
- consistent Application Overviews
- Application Quick Starts
- A common world dataset
- An overview of all applications on the LiveDVD in a presentation at FOSS4G 2010
We want to hear from:
- Established GeoSpatial projects who wish to include their project in OSGeo-Live
- Workshop leaders or trainers who wish to use OSGeo-Live. We'd like to know how we can help you.
- Project representatives please:
Update application version in application spreadsheet then update your test script to ensure it installs in Xubuntu 10.04. Comment on whether our draft templates for Project Overview and Quick Start fit your projects.
- 25 July 2010: Documentation template ready for use
- 5 July 2010: Feature freeze
- 2 August 2010: Final delivery for User Acceptance Test
OSGeo-live is an XUbuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and soon to be released USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.
Mailing List: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/live-demo
or contact Cameron Shorter directly at: cameronD O TshorterATlisasoftD O Tcom.