The OSGeoLive Project Steering Committee (PSC) is the official managing body of OSGeoLive and is responsible for setting overall project direction. The committee is drawn from the OSGeoLive community and is based on merit and interest.
- Angelos_Tzotsos (Chair)
- Brian M Hamlin
- Alex Mandel
- Johan Van de Wauw
- Bas Couwenberg
- Massimo De Stefano
- Astrid Emde
- Nicolas Roelandt
- Vicky Vergara
- Enock Seth Nyamador
Our thanks to previous PSC members:
Selection of new PSC members is determined by PSC vote. PSC members may retire any time. If a PSC member becomes inactive for many months they may be invited to retire, and if unresponsive they may be removed by the existing PSC.
Decisions are based on voting using the following:
- +1 : For
- +0: Mildly for, but mostly indifferent
- 0: Indifferent
- -0: Mildly against, but mostly indifferent
- -1 : Strongly against. This is expected to be accompanied by a reason.
For most decisions, a motion is raised within one of the OSGeoLive open forums (IRC, email list, etc) and those present vote and decide. Should a decision:
- Be strategic or impact many within OSGeoLive,
- Or if there be contention in deciding, and after discussion at least one member is still strongly against the motion, by continuing to vote -1,
Then the motion should be referred to the PSC.
For motions presented to the PSC, a motion is considered passed when there are more PSC +1 votes than -1 votes, and either all PSC members have voted, or 4 days have passed. In the case of a tie, the PSC chair shall have 1.5 votes.
Expectations of PSC members
- Regularly contribute to OSGeoLive or related activities
- Help with whatever dirty work is required to keep the project moving forward
- Monitor OSGeoLive conversations, either in weekly IRC meetings, or on the email list, and contribute constructively where appropriate
- Vote promptly (within days) to motions being raised
Credit: This management process draws heavily from other OSGeo project PMC processes.