Opened 11 years ago
Closed 11 years ago
#994 closed defect (fixed)
chroot build method: files owned by user outside /home/
|Reported by:||kalxas||Owned by:|
As stated by Hamish in https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/988#comment:5 we need to fix this permission issue for the live disk
Change history (6)
comment:1 by , 11 years ago
|Priority:||major → blocker|
comment:2 by , 11 years ago
- i.e. the install scripts have chown'd to a user ID which no longer exists at run time
- projects are forbidden from having the user account own files outside of /home
- it doesn't work with the chroot method. your app is most likely broken by it
- this can break the iso
- it is not portable if another user account is added
- new user added suddenly owns system files
- it's an ugly hack
- we need to know from gvSIG (is this from your .deb?), geonetwork, sahana, and mapproxy the minimal set of files/dirs, if any, that need to be writable at run-time.
comment:3 by , 11 years ago
apparently gvSIG's deb contained all mis-assigned files. manually chown'd back to root.root with r8938. note /opt/gvSIG_1.11/bin/ is world-writable, as is bin/gvSIG/extensiones/; is that indented??
comment:4 by , 11 years ago
most of these have been fixed now, hopefully without too much collateral damage. Sahana's web2py remains incomplete; awaiting guidance, see #992.
comment:5 by , 11 years ago
|Priority:||blocker → normal|
comment:6 by , 11 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
remaining in r8915 is