Resolve java and servlet container versions
|Reported by:||camerons||Owned by:|
Ideally we should only have one Java version on the LiveDVD. This is because:
- The VM is RAM constrained (to 512Meg) and Java is RAM intensive.
- Users are expected to open up one application after another, often not closing the prior applications. This will use up RAM, and once RAM is exceeded the machine will slow to the point of being unusable.
- Also a somewhat important is to conserve space on the LiveDVD.
So we need to update the install_scripts to take this into account. As per this email thread http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/live-demo/2009-September/000409.html , it seems that:
deegree is happy with either sun-java5 (preferred) or sun-java-6, GeoServer runs under sun-java-5 or sun-java-6 (preferred), gvsig runs under sun-java-5 only.
- move: install_sunjre6.sh to install_java.sh
- Update install_java.sh to install sun java 5
- Update main.sh so that it doesn't install tomcat any more.
- Ensure OpenJDK is not installed as nobody seems to be using it