OSGeoLive Status on OSGeo
|Reported by:||cvvergara||Owned by:|
Based on this:
- Link: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/live-demo/2017-August/012669.html
- Link: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Incubation_Graduation_Checklist
Where you can read:
Cameron Shorter comment: This is an issue because a casual observer would naturally deduce that if OSGeo-Live has reached incubation quality, then all included packages should have also reached such quality. This assumption is incorrect and should not be promoted by OSGeo, and is a reason for OSGeo-Live not to be officially recognised as an OSGeo incubated project.
This can be deduced:
- OSGeoLive has no intention to be a OSGeo Project
- OSGeoLive has no intention to be a OSGeo Incubation project
- OSGeoLive has not shown intention to be a OSGeo Community project
Vicky’s Conclusion: OSGeo Live is not OSGeo related project, but uses OSGeo resources, like the wiki, and issue tracker, and its under OSGeo organization on Hithub.
Interesting that there is an Incubation graduation checklist, and the project is not incubating, and is not a community project.
It is being suggested to apply to be community project:
Reinforced that suggestion on:
- In old website, it’s listed as outreach project
- In new web site, it’s not listed at all but has a page