QGIS Quickstart review feedback
|Reported by:||camerons||Owned by:|
|Cc:||Alexander, Muriy, <amuriy@…>|
I've just completed the QGIS Quickstart review and have inserted a number of comments on ways to improve it - mostly along the lines of:
- It needs more screen shots
- Can we describe what steps are being done for
- Pick one pluggin, GRASS or Sextente, and a "sexy" or commonly used algorithm and show why it is used and how to use it.
These comments are embedded in track changes here:
A few errors (inaccuracies) in QGIS Quickstart.
Chapter "Edit QGIS project":
"Check ne_10m_populated_places in the Layers tree"
But in TOC layer name is "ne_10m_populated_places_
2) By default group layer "Water" is active.
Chapter "Using the GRASS Toolbox":
1) Read about NVIZ:
"In the new module tab that pops open, select the elevation map as the map
for elevation." But the layer "elevation" is unavailable in list, because it was not opened in QGIS.
2) NVIZ crashed with the error:
"G_malloc: unable to allocate 240080400 bytes at gsds.c:575
Finished with error"