|Version 23 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
This is the web site, wiki and issue tracking database for the OSGeo4W project. OSGeo4W is a binary distribution of a b road set of open source geospatial software for Win32 environments (Windows XP, Vista, etc). OSGeo4W includes GDAL/OGR, GRASS, MapServer, OpenEV, uDig, QGIS as well as many other packages (about 150 as of fall 2009).
Only authenticated (logged in) users can submit and edit tickets, and modify the wiki. Use your OSGeo userid/password to login.
Note: Step 2 must be run on a computer with internet access as the installer downloads individual packages as needed. You may also need to enable your software firewall to allow the installer to have outbound access.
- Download the OSGeo4W Installer.
- Run the installer.
- Select Express Install, and Next.
- Pick one or more packages to install, and Next.
- The selected packages and their required subpackages will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Desktop applications will be found in Start -> All Programs -> OSGeo4W
- Commandline applications will be available in the OSGeo4W Shell command window.
- Web applications will be available at http://localhost:8080/
OSGeo4W User Information
- New User Introduction
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Old Package List
OSGeo4W Packager (Developer) Information
- Join the osgeo4w-dev mailing list.
- osgeo IRC channel
- Open Tickets
- SetupDevelopment - details about building and improving the gui installer.