new dedicated VM for demo.mapserver.org
|Reported by:||Jeff McKenna||Owned by:|
|Priority:||normal||Milestone:||Sysadmin Contract 2021-II|
Description (last modified by )
The many demo.mapserver.org services running off of the old adhoc server have finally out-grown the architecture there. Recent GDAL/PROJ and even MapServer demand a more updated compiler (adhoc runs Debian Wheezy and gcc 4.7.2). I've pushed that old server to its limits, but it's finally time to upgrade.
I've always been very good to record any changes and maintenance at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapServer_at_AdhocVM
I request on behalf of the MapServer project for a new dedicated VM to host all of the heavily used demo.mapserver.org services. Some more notes:
- this would be similar I guess to pycsw's recent VM (#2452)
- it will honestly take me much effort to move all of the services to this new VM, so I propose that we keep both the adhoc and the new VM up during, and I will record my progress on a new wiki page (linked of course from https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Service_Status )
- if you ask my preference, I am much friendly to Ubuntu 18.04 , but can work in any environment that you provide me.
- proposed VM name could be 'mapserver'
- my LDAP account is: jmckenna
- my SSH key is installed on osgeo7
Let me know what you think. And thank you for this.
(marking ticket as 'major' as with the recent MS 7.6.0 release done now, I'd like to get moving on upgrading all services, and especially since our 'msautotest' scripts will be testing now against old Adhoc MS 7.4.4 for now)
mercy buckets! :)
Change History (42)
comment:38 by , 8 months ago
|Status:||new → closed|
comment:41 by , 8 months ago
|Status:||closed → reopened|