Wiki LDAP integration
|Reported by:||crschmidt||Owned by:||robe|
|Priority:||major||Milestone:||Sysadmin Contract 2021-I|
|Cc:||martin, Jeff McKenna, strk, Cwillmes, sac@…, jive, hexmode|
MediaWiki has an extension to support LDAP integration. It is described in the http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LDAP_Authentication Mediawiki LDAP auth page .
The requirements to install are as follows:
- MediaWiki 1.6+ for current version of the plugin (I will no longer be backporting to the 1.5 series)
- PHP must be compiled with LDAP support for any functionality at all
- PHP must be compiled with SSL support if you wish to authenticate over SSL (HIGHLY Recommended!!)
- Your server must trust the LDAP server's Certificate's Root CA for SSL to work (mostly affects you if you are using self signed certificates)
- The DNS name for your LDAP server must match the name in the LDAP server's certificate for SSL to work
- Smartcard/CAC authentication requires a PEM encoded list of CAs, proxy or anonymous (if allowed) LDAP credentials, and an SSL enabled webserver
There are more details at the page on how to proceed with this.