Instructions to install PHPMapScript on Fedora Core
These instructions were sent to mapserver-users by Lindsay C. Blanton:
To get php_mapscript working properly on a Redhat Fedora box, I used the following steps:
- Download the php-devel rpm from Redhat and install
- Compile mapserver with the --with-php=/usr/include/php option
- Copy mapserv to /cgi-bin
- Copy the php_mapscript.so file into /usr/lib/php4/
- Create a php wrapper script (php.sh) for the php cgi and save it
#!/bin/bash export SCRIPT_FILENAME=$PATH_TRANSLATED /usr/bin/php
- Add the following action handlers for phtml (and/or .php) files in
Action phtml-script /cgi-bin/php.sh AddHandler phtml-script .phtml
Now apache calls the php cgi for mapscript php files, and the php apache module is called for everything else.
Hope this helps someone out there using preinstalled Linux distributions.
Go back to: PHPMapScript