HI all here is my second weekly report of GSoC project MapServer
2nd WEEK REPORT :
- Read the complete documentation of the MapServer.
- I successfully executed all the source code of the present edition of MapServer from svn.
- Tried to get familiar with the New rendering library Cairo (researching on how to interface it with the oldones with out totally effecting the present functionality of MapServer).
- Took some tutorials to get familiar with the Graphics rendering library Cairo ,for SVG symbolization.
Plan for next week
- Still need research on how to successfully render svg objects to MapServer.
- I should continously survey on the new rendering API,how to use it.
- How can we replace all the past renderers with the ones provided by cairo.
- Huge research needed ,on how to use Cairo's features for implementing svg symbolization,try getting familiar with cairo's sources.
- Execute some simple example Svg files using Cairo surfaces
- I still need to spend more and more time for adding this feature successfully to MapServer