|Version 7 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
MapGuide RFC 135 - Support Visual Studio 2012
This page contains a change request (RFC) for the MapGuide Open Source project. More MapGuide RFCs can be found on the RFCs page.
|RFC Template Version||(1.0)|
|Submission Date||May 17, 2013|
|Last Modified||Andy Zhang May 24, 2013|
|RFC Status||Ready for review|
|Implementation Status||(pending, under development, completed)|
|Assigned PSC guide(s)||(when determined)|
|Voting History||(vote date)|
This RFC updates MapGuide to support Visual Studio 2012.
Supporting the new Visual Studio 2012 will allow a developer to take advantage of the IDE improvements.
- All solution and project files in the trunk will be upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 format.
- All code will be recompiled and code changes made as appropriate.
- All unit tests will be run and must pass before the above changes can be submitted.
- We will add configurations such as 'Release v100' and 'Debug v100' which use platform toolset 'Visual Studio 2010 (v100)' for those who want to use Visual Studio 2010.
- We will no longer support Visual Studio 2008. This should not be an issue because the Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop is available.
- PHP and Apache will also require VS2012 recompilation. It will be handled in seperate RFCs.
Build/Run on Windows and Linux.
Funding / Resources
Supplied by Autodesk.