MapGuide RFC 135 - Support Visual Studio 2012
This page contains a change request (RFC) for the MapGuide Open Source project. More MapGuide RFCs can be found on the RFCs page.
|RFC Template Version||(1.0)|
|Submission Date||May 17, 2013|
|Last Modified||Andy Zhang May 24, 2013|
|RFC Status||Ready for review|
|Implementation Status||(pending, under development, completed)|
|Assigned PSC guide(s)||(when determined)|
|Voting History||(vote date)|
This RFC updates MapGuide to support Visual Studio 2012.
Supporting the new Visual Studio 2012 will allow a developer to take advantage of the IDE improvements.
- All solution and project files in the trunk will be upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 format.
- All code will be recompiled and code changes made as appropriate.
- All unit tests will be run and must pass before the above changes can be submitted.
- We will add configurations such as 'Release(v100)' and 'Debug(v100)' which use platform toolset v100 for those who need to build v100 versions of files. And the project properties for output, intermediate and lib directories will include and $(Configuration) macros. Example: the intermediate directory of ServerCore will be changed to ..\..\obj\$(Configuration)\ServerCore.
- We will no longer keep Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 solution and project files. This should not be an issue because the Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop is available.
- PHP and Apache will also require VS2012 recompilation. It will be handled in seperate RFCs.
Build/Run on Windows and Linux.
Funding / Resources
Supplied by Autodesk.