|Version 2 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
MapGuide RFC # - Support Visual Studio 2012
This page contains a change request (RFC) for the MapGuide Open Source project. More MapGuide RFCs can be found on the RFCs page.
|RFC Template Version||(1.0)|
|Submission Date||May 17, 2013|
|Last Modified||Andy Zhang May 17, 2013|
|RFC Status||Not ready for review|
|Implementation Status||(pending, under development, completed)|
|Assigned PSC guide(s)||(when determined)|
|Voting History||(vote date)|
This RFC updates MapGuide to support Visual Studio 2012.
Supporting the new Visual Studio 2012 will allow a developer to take advantage of the IDE improvements.
- In order to support Visual Studio 2012 new solution and project files will need to be added.
- The Visual Studio 2012 solution files use the same extension as those used by Visual Studio 2010 and so new filenames will need to be used.
- The Visual Studio 2012 project files use the same extension as those used by Visual Studio 2010 and so new filenames will need to be used.
- The proposed new Visual Studio 2012 solution filenames will add "_vs12" to the already existing solution filenames. Example: server_vs12.sln
- The proposed new Visual Studio 2012 project filenames will add "_vs12" to the already existing project filenames. Example: !ServerManager_vs12.vcxproj
The existing Visual Studio 2008 and Visual Studio 2010 support will not be changing. Changes to solution files and project files would require that both sets be maintained.
Build/Run on Windows and Linux.
Funding / Resources
Supplied by Autodesk.