Web-based GUI for GRASS GIS
Starts its own graphical session which instead of rendering on screen (as X server would do) renders HTML5.
- No need to write any GUI code, so there is no duplication and no additional maintenance
- Not (yet?) available for wxPython (done for GTK+, works with wxWidgets)
- Not possible to include web technologies (WebGL), tools (e.g. IPython Notebook) and JS libraries (d3)
- 3D view (nviz) in GUI will not work (G7:m.nviz.image might)
- Still needs file management to be implemented.
- Although it uses free and open source, the solution itself is proprietary (which completely disqualifies it here but it can serve as an inspiration)