wxGUI: Attribute Table editor refresh & cosmetics
|Reported by:||hamish||Owned by:|
just exploring the latest version of the wx Attribute manager + new sqlbuilder GUIs. It's really nice work Martin, congrats.
some minor feedback/issues WRT the wx vector layer attribute manager GUI: (latest 6.5svn)
- 'manage tables' tab: [Add] and [Rename] buttons fall off right side of GUI unless you stretch the window a bit wider manually.
- column name: if you put in something silly like ";;" you get a nice pop-up window with a SQL error, but then it gets added to the list anyway. Luckily the GUI lets you drop that column from the list (with another SQL "what are you talking about?" error popup).
- "Column name: _" : probably [Add] at the right makes this obvious so no action needed, but maybe put the word "new" in there?
- if you add a new column then add another or drop another, you then have to hit [ok] to a number of errors saying it can't perform each of the prior actions because it already exists, etc. I guess the SQL queue needs to be flushed after each execution.
- (trivial) if you add a new column the data-length value for int/double is not displayed until you close & reenter the attribute GUI.
- after adding a new column, then going back to the 'Browse data' tab and clicking [Refresh], the new column doesn't show up. you can to close & reenter the attribute GUI to see/edit them. Right clicking on the column list in the 'manage tables' tab and selecting 'Reload' from the context meny makes the newly added columns disappear! (until you exit & reopen the attrib. manager)
- Layer manger: right click on a vector layer entry the context menu has an option for "Show attribute data". Better to show off the power of the GUI by renaming that "Show/edit attribute data" ?
All the while a stream of errors are printed to the Command Output tab in the layer manager, hopefully after the above are fixed they'll go away. If not I'll post them.