This survey seeks feedback from project sponsors on areas they would like the GDAL/OGR project to focus funded efforts. Questions 4-11 ask for the importance of a particular area of focus to be indicated by assigning "survey points". The sum of survey points assigned on questions 4-11 should be 100. That is there are 100 points to assign between questions 4-11 to prioritize the importance of different focuses.
- Which aspect of GDAL/OGR is more important to your organization? The GDAL (raster) services, or the OGR (vector/feature) services, or are both important?
- List existing format drivers which are particularly important to your organization. Drivers that you would like the GDAL/OGR team to take special care to maintain, and improve.
- List any SWIG language bindings you organization uses, or would like to see improved (ie. Java, C#, Python, Perl, Ruby) Are there particular improvements you would like to see with the language bindings?
- Are improvements to, and better documentation for GDAL/OGR commandline utilities (like gdal_translate, ogrinfo) important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, which utilities in particular?
- Is better developer oriented API documentation for GDAL important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, should we focus on reference documentation for the API, or tutorials on using the API?
- Is better user documentation for the drivers important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, what particular suggestions can you make?
- Is multi-threaded use of GDAL/OGR important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) Is the primary concern thread safety (avoiding crashes/corruption) or achieving higher performance in multi-threaded use via careful fine grained locking?
- Is international and localized support in GDAL/OGR important to your organization? (ie. multi-byte characters in filenames, features attributes, metadata)? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, what particular aspects are important?
- Is improving the performance of GDAL/OGR important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) Are their particular code paths you would like to see optimized?
- How important is it to your organization for GDAL/OGR to improve it's test suites, and proactive quality testing? (assign 0-100 survey points)
- How important is it to your organization for the GDAL/OGR project to provide pre-built binaries with releases? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, for what platforms? Developer oriented or end user oriented? Any special issues?
- Do you use GDAL/OGR in combination with other open source applications or libraries (eg. MapServer, MapGuide, GRASS, PROJ.4) and if yes which ones. Are there any aspects of integration between GDAL/OGR and those applications or libraries that you would like to see improved? Which ones?
- List the operating system platforms important to your organization. (ie. Win32, Linux on x86, Linux on other platforms, MacOS X, Solaris, IRIX, WinCE, ...)
- Have you found the GDAL/OGR project to be responsive in handling bug reports or support requests from your organization since your participation in the sponsorship program? Please note any specific issues.
- Do you feel that GDAL/OGR sponsorship funds are being used in a responsible fashion? Please note any concerns.
- Do you have any other suggestions for the GDAL/OGR project?
- Do you wish your responses to list survey to be kept private (only shared by members of the GDAL/OGR Project Management Committee) or may they be made publically visible?