Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#5678 closed defect (fixed)

Large output with gdaldem and tiled compressed geotiff

Reported by: Even Rouault Owned by: Even Rouault
Priority: normal Milestone: 1.11.2
Component: Utilities Version: unspecified
Severity: normal Keywords: gdaldem


Reported on mailing list : """ I've also been toying with the compression settings lately and thought I would mention my experience. I'm not sure if this is known behavior, but when subsequently using the compressed rasters with 'gdaldem' I got some strange results when the raster was greater than 4GB (i.e. BIGTIFF). The resulting rasters were either corrupt, way way larger than they should have been, or I terminated before they completed due to the extreme length of time (> 2 hours) they took to process. When I used an uncompressed BIGTIFF raster with gdaldem, the results were as expected. This was all using gdal 11.0, and the following BIGTIFF compression settings, -co "TILED=YES" -co "BIGTIFF=YES" -co "COMPRESS=DEFLATE". """

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by Even Rouault

Milestone: 1.11.2
Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

trunk r27780, branches/1.11 r27781 "gdaldem: avoid too large files to be produced when using -co COMPRESS=xxxx -co TILED=YES (#5678)"

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.