wiki:PscMeeting20070926

Project Steering Committee - Home

Meeting Info

The third meeting of the FDO PSC took take place Wednesday September 26th Face-2-Face at FOSS4G.

Meeting Chair: Greg Boone

Universal Time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=26&year=2007&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=256

Location: OSGeo Booth at FOSS4G2007

Agenda

  • Incubation
  • Autogenerated Documentation
  • Linux Build issues
  • Adding New Committers
  • Client Application Library (CAL)
  • Getting one site (trac?) for FDO instead of two.
  • Reporting download statics
  • Adding Futures Page to FDO Wiki
  • Improving FDO Documentation
  • Improving FDO Web Site Content

Notes

  • Incubation
    • Discussed and reviewed sponsor requirements
      • Show that the PSC is operating and in charge
      • Hold Regular PSC Meetings
      • Update FDO Provenance Review
      • Review and publish the updated Contributor Agreement document
      • Update FDO Incubation Status Page
      • Mateusz and Harris are required to sign a CLA
      • Clarify that MapGuide and FDO share coding standards
    • Have PSC setup a uniform release cycle for FDO
    • Get the OGR, King and PostGIS providers into the build process
  • Autogenerated Documentation
    • Remove Autogenerated documentation from FDO SVN
    • Generate documentation on server or upload zip file per release per release
  • Linux Build issues
    • FDO Linux install needs to support customizable install locations
    • FDO build needs to be able to support customizable Thirdparty software locations
  • Adding New Committers
    • Greg to send out email requesting new FDO committers to be added
    • Greg to ping Frank on mechanism to add new committers
  • Client Application Library (CAL)
    • Start discussion on fdo-internals mailing list
      • Create a Wiki Page for this topic
      • Describe 'What it is'
        • Leveling Library
        • Capabilities
        • Projecttions
        • Connection Pooling
        • Joins
        • Expression Engine
        • Security Layer
    • Where does it fit in, in relation to FDO/MapGuide
  • Getting one site (trac?) for FDO instead of two.
    • CSS work required to get Trac a little more friendly
    • Rework the menu structure
    • Need to move content from Drupal
    • Need to change fdo.osgeo.org in order to redirect to users to trac.osgeo.org
  • Reporting download statics
    • Would be nice to have an easier way to get the stats
    • How to get accurate stats for downloads?
      • Per SDK?
      • Per Provider?
  • Adding Futures Page to FDO Wiki
    • Greg to start process and upload exisiting documents from Autodesk
  • Improving FDO Documentation
    • Need to have a 'How to write a provider' document
    • Find a simple example to use
    • Frank to start on this. Use comma separated text format as an example
    • It would be nice to have a testing suite for new FDO providers
      • Certification program?
  • Improving FDO Web Site Content
    • The FDO community should be profiling applications using FDO
      • FME
      • OneSpatial
      • MapGuide
      • Autodesk
Last modified 10 years ago Last modified on Nov 23, 2007 8:21:11 AM