- Release date / schedule
- Features not yet implemented, but to be done?
- GeoCoder? future?
- PostGIS 2.0 ticket triage?
- Links between PostGIS and other (non-GEOS topology libraries)
- Documentation / tutorials and starting points? (for raster? for topology?)
- 3D visibility calculations?
- Core vs Raster vs Topology
Features To Be Implemented Before Feature Freeze
[raster] Two raster ST_Intersects (dustymugs - October 7) DONE [raster] Two raster version of MapAlgebra? (dustymugs - Nov. 30) DONE [raster] Neighbor version of MapAlgebra? (David - November 30) DONE [raster] C version of raster2pgsql (dustymugs - now!) DONE KNN GiST (PR mid-October) DONE
- GSERIALIZED clean-up (PR mid-October)
- GML 3.2 ouput (OC end October)
- 3D storage review (OC end November)
ST_GeomFromJSON (end September) DONE Extensions for deployment for 9.1 (eta 2011-10-15 - work out kinks) robe -- more or less DONE
- Extensions for deployment for 9.1/9.2 have install as part of core install
[topology] Finish ISO functions set (strk - end October) DONE
- [topology] Geometry->TopoGeometry (strk - end December)
- BOX (ENVELOPE?) as a GEOMETRY sub-class? (PR end November)-- We are punting this
raster2pgsql as C utility instead of python (BP end November) (think this is a dupe
- Feature Freeze (November 30) (this is a real freeze -- hmm didn't happen yet!!) - perhaps end December
- Q Branch (no!)
- A No, branch at beta at the earliest.
- Alpha-1 Release (December 29)
- Developer Ticket Triage Event (January 5)
- Beta-1 Release (January 31)
Boxes: Points of Discussion
- People want to sometime store boxes, how should they do ?
- Polygon as boxes are kind of bigger than it could be
- BOX2D lacks SRID (and is only 2d)
- We have some more BOX%%% which make people confused (me, at least)
- Having ops defined for boxes would allow extension (raster?) to only define casts to boxes in order to have proper indexing.
- As per the indexing argument, the box I have in mind is the equivalent of the box which is cached in normal Geometries
- Some are enthuastic
- Others are +/-0
- General opinion, defer until 2.1 cycle (so that 2.1 comes out from git ? in that case we should start pretty soon after feature freeze, for any further development to happen)
- Pierre raises BIG issue: trac/git integration
- DBB, should it be part of core?
- Dbitner, so many tickets are geocoder, distracting to project
- extras/geocoder ticket category ?
- Resolution: suck it up! Good functionality.
Core vs Raster vs Topology
- Should Raster be a mandatory part of the build and part of the postgis_core extention?
- Answer: yes, if we can get a binary raster2pgsql loader completed.
- strk is always against mandatory stuff... could default to ON and allow --without-raster
- Implication: GDAL as mandatory dependency
* Research: can we figure out SRID automatically on load using OGR
- Future development, support internal tiling scheme in the serialized form for raster (see: GDAL internal tiling / GeoTIFF internal tiling. 1 bit for tiled/not tiled and tile size will have to be fixed e.g. 100x100 or 256x256 otherwise we have to wait for 3.0)
*raster2pgsql cleanup - Bug fixes and remove overviews
- To be done using rt_api.c? (overviews as post-process SQL call)
- Aggregate versions of stats function (polygons versions?)
- documentation section about Best practices and PostGIS Raster rationale
raster_column views? YES - DONE
- weighted summary functions for
3D external libraries discussion
- Can we start linking to other libraries for 3D support?
- Yes, OK.