Opened 7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#1391 closed defect (fixed)

postgis errors during upgrade of old db

Reported by: robe Owned by: strk
Priority: medium Milestone: PostGIS 2.0.2
Component: build/upgrade/install Version: trunk
Keywords: history Cc:

Description

strk,

Here are the errors I see in the db I moved over from my PostgreSQL 8.4 windows 2003 PostGIS 1.5 (32-bit) -> windows 2008 64-bit PostGIS 2.0 (running 32-bit PostGIS/PostreSQL 9.1).

they might all be expected but the intructions say I should not be getting errors. Note: I intentionally did not install the legacy.sql fully expecting that the script would not try to restore old deprecated functions so some of these might be the result of sql/plpgsql user functions not being able to find old ones. I suspect though that many of these are postgis packaged ones since most of these I don't recall ever using in my code on this db.

This is a database that has been upgraded many times since pre-1.0 and was currently 1.5.3.

See attached file.

Attachments (1)

errors_clean.txt (63.6 KB) - added by robe 7 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (12)

Changed 7 years ago by robe

Attachment: errors_clean.txt added

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by strk

Could you re-run after an svn up, pass -v to postgis_restore.pl and save stderr to a file ? You can redirect stdout to /dev/null as I won't care about that for now.

I hope the above makes sense for you

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by strk

@robe: planning to do this before alpha ?

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by robe

no

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by strk

@robe: planning to do this before beta3 ?

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by robe

Milestone: PostGIS 2.0.0PostGIS 2.0.1

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by strk

@robe : you mentioned you didn't have any problem lately ? or am I wrong ?

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by strk

Owner: changed from strk to robe

@robe this one is still waiting for your feedback so I'm assigning to you.

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by robe

Milestone: PostGIS 2.0.1PostGIS 2.0.2

I'm punting forward. I don't have my new server setup yet. :)

comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by robe

Okay I tried this again restoring a 1.5 8.4 database to 9.1 2.1.0 SVN r10198

It's better but I'm still getting error notices in output most from 1.1, 1.2 days

ERROR:  function public.st_asukml(geometry, integer, integer) does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.dll": No such file or directory
ERROR:  function public.st_asukml(geometry, integer) does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.dll": No such file or directory
ERROR:  function public.st_asukml(geometry) does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.5": No such file or directory
ERROR:  function public.xmax(box2d) does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.dll": No such file or directory
ERROR:  function public.xmin(box2d) does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.dll": No such file or directory
ERROR:  function public.ymax(box2d) does not exist
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/liblwgeom.dll": No such file or directory
ERROR:  function public.ymin(box2d) does not exist

I think that might be all though.

comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by strk

Owner: changed from robe to strk
Status: newassigned

Added the missing signatures with r10216 in the 2.0 branch and r10217 in trunk. Test welcome.

comment:11 Changed 6 years ago by robe

Keywords: history added
Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

last i tested it was fine so I'm just going to assume it's fixed.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.