Version 4 (modified by warmerdam, 5 years ago)
- A commandline and desktop raster/vector GIS system.
- Details on WinGRASS at: http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_Current_Status
- Current packaging should be considered a preliminary proof-of-concept.
- STATUS: THIS PACKAGE IS CURRENTLY BROKEN - IT DEPENDS ON PROJ_FW.DLL INSTEAD OF PROJ.DLL!
- Workaround: COPY C:\OSGeo4W\bin\proj.dll C:\OSGeo4W\bin\proj_fw.dll
- Use the "grass63" command in the OSGeo4W shell to start grass.
- Maintainer is FrankWarmerdam (seeking new package maintainer)
- Alternative, new compile guide at http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/grass/BuildFromSource.html
- We likely want to distribute with MSYS package for commandline operations though I believe the WinGRASS objective is to not require this.
- WinGRASS is built with MSYS/MinGW currently. The build to use VC++ built GDAL required a configure hack on GRASS.
- There is a new python/wxWindows GUI in development we may want to include.
- A number of things still being built directly into GRASS instead of using proper packages (curses, freetype, libpng, libz, ...)
Download in other formats: