Table of Contents
This is the web site, wiki and issue tracking database for the OSGeo4W project. OSGeo4W is a binary distribution of a broad set of open source geospatial software for Win32 environments (Windows XP, Vista, etc). OSGeo4W includes GDAL/OGR, GRASS, MapServer, OpenEV, uDig, QGIS as well as many other packages (over 150).
This project is under the umbrella of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation, http://www.osgeo.org/.
Only authenticated (logged in) users can submit and edit tickets, and modify the wiki. Use your OSGeo userid/password to login.
Quick Start for OSGeo4W Users
- Download the 32bit or 64bit OSGeo4W network installer (previous 32bit only installer)
- Run the installer.
- Select Express Install, and Next.
- Pick one or more packages to install, and Next.
- The selected packages and their required subpackages will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Step 2 must be run on a computer with internet access as the installer downloads individual packages as needed. You may also need to enable your software firewall to allow the installer to have outbound access.
- 32bit/64bit don't contain the same set of packages/versions (compare)
- Desktop applications will be found in Start -> All Programs -> OSGeo4W
- Commandline applications will be available in the OSGeo4W Shell command window.
- Web applications will be available at http://localhost/
OSGeo4W User Information
- New User Introduction
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Old Package List
- Commandline Options
- Using Apache web server
- MapServer Users Guide for OSGeo4W (pdf)
OSGeo4W Packager (Developer) Information
- Join the osgeo4w-dev mailing list.
- osgeo IRC channel
- Open Tickets
- SetupDevelopment - details about building and improving the gui installer.
- InstallerTranslation - steps to convert installer to local language
- GSoC - Google Summer Code Ideas
- pkg-python - Python gateway page