Python meta package, includes core executable & runtime, help
- Python commandline interpreter, and libraries.
- The interpreter can be invoked as python in the osgeo4w shell.
- The Python interpreter is not associated with the .py extension in the shell, so you must run .py files with python foobar.py and not by double-clicking on them
- Documentation is not included (beyond builtin doc strings)
- Tcl support is not included.
- NumPy is a distinct add on package due to it's size.
Comprised of 3 sub-packages:
- python-wrapper - Wrapper to set python environment for Osgeo4W (required)
- python-core - Python executable and runtime (required)
- python-help - Python compiled help file (optional with Advanced Install)
|requires||shell python-wrapper python-core python-help|
Other python pages of note:
- ExternalPythonPackages - How to install python packages which aren't part of the osgeo4w system
- pkg-python/Python27 - building the Python 2.7 package
- RequiresPython - packages which depend on Python
- This package is harvested from the standard Python 2.7.2 .msi installer from python.org (see making a Python 2.7 package)
- New Python extensions should be unpacked in osgeo4w\apps\Python25\Lib\site-packages
- Include files and libraries are included, but in the apps\Python27 tree. The distutils/sysconfig.py settings should be correct.
- Extensions may need to be compiled with VC7.1 to be compatible.
- etc\ini\python.bat set PYTHONHOME to control sys.prefix and finding of libraries, etc. This should supersede any other python on the system when python is run within the OSGeo4W shell.
- python 2.7.4 dll conflicts
- Bug in os library of Python 2.7
- Minor typo in Initialising BAT file
- ctypes version conflict with numpy
- Python package needs cgi-bin/apache support
Recently closed tickets
- python/sqlite: "sqlite3-rtree-geometry-callback" not found in "C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\DLLs\sqlite3.dll"
- pyuic4 does not work
- python path getting overwritten
- "import grass.script as grass" in Python GRASS AddOns doesn't work
- liblas Python does not install liblas .dll into OSGeo4W\bin folder
- request for python-dateutil