Ticket #1239 (new defect)
wxGUI command layer broken and unusable
|Reported by:||garu||Owned by:||grass-dev@…|
(Grass Gis 6.4.0 embedded into Qgis 1.6.0) The command layer support of wxGUI is completely broken and unusable.
(I'm new to Grass and i don't know Python so forgive me if what i'm saying when talking about python code is not completely exact)
1) When creating a command layer the
creates the text box with
but with an height of 25 and
the text box is completely filled with the horizontal scroll bar and there's no room to enter the command. To have the room where to enter the command the height should be at least 40.
2) Even when setting the height to 40 if the entered command exceeds the horizontal visible space, the horizontal scroll bar has no effect. To scroll you have to put the caret into the text box and scroll back and forth using the arrow keys.
3) When dragging the command layer, in the
elif self.GetPyData(dragItem)['type'] == 'command':
will never take control because for command layers the previous
will always be true and the dropped control will be painted without the text box.
4) Besides even if the above elif could execute, the command layer text box would be painted with
that in any case is incorrect.
5) Since when the text box is initially created, the visible width is set relative to the width of the Layer Manager panel, one would expect that resizing the width of the Layer Manager panel would also resize accordingly the visible part of the text box, but this does not happen.
BTW, from a basic overview it looks like the layertree.py in the trunk suffers the same problems.