Third GDAL Meeting
Date: Friday, October 24, 2008
Time: 1400 GMT or 10:00am US Eastern (world clock)
Place: #gdal on irc.freenode.net
- Approve minutes for SecondMeeting
- Establish beta/rc/final release timing.
- Bug Skim (what to defer): 1.6 milestone bug list
- Release TODO review.
- Release Test Matrix (platforms, languages, drivers)
- Review proposed release management document
Attendance: Howard Butler, Ari Jolma, Tamas Szekerest, Klokan Petr Přidal, Andrey Kiselev, Frank Warmerdam
- Minutes of SecondMeeting approved.
- The following release schedule was established:
- October 29th: Beta 1
- November 12th: Beta 2
- November 26th: RC 1
- Additional RCs as needed (hopefully only a few days apart) till final release approved
- Several small outstanding work items planned before Beta1.
- Bug list reviewed quickly:
- All developers encouraged to review bugs, retarget milestones, and raise priority of important bugs to "high" or even "highest" if they are absolutely release critical.
- FrankW will attempt a more comprehensive review of outstanding tickets.
- All developers are encouraged to seize and fix tickets of interest!
- It is not anticipated that the bulk of the bugs will be fixed for the release (460 open tickets, 100 against the 1.5/1.6.0 milestones). Instead we must identify high priority issues, and otherwise just fix those that people have time/inclination for.
- Folks are encouraged to add release related to do items and issues in TODO160.
- Andrey Kiselev will draft a 1.6.0 Test Matrix for everyone to start contributing too after Beta1 is released.
- Today (Oct 24th) was declared RFC freeze day.
- Frank Warmerdam was declared 1.6.0 release manager.
- Meeting adjourned.