|Version 5 (modified by 17 months ago) ( diff ),|
Wiki Page Names
Table of contents
CamelCase page names follow these rules:
- The name must consist of alphabetic characters only; no digits, spaces, punctuation or underscores are allowed.
- A name must have at least two capital letters.
- The first character must be capitalized.
- Every capital letter must be followed by one or more lower-case letters.
- The use of slash ( / ) is permitted in page names, where it typically represents a hierarchy.
If you want to create a wiki page that does not follow CamelCase rules. you can use the following syntax:
* [wiki:Wiki_page], [wiki:ISO9000], and with a label: [wiki:ISO9000 ISO 9000 standard] * [wiki:"Space Matters"] and with a label: [wiki:"Space Matters" all about white space] * or simply: ["WikiPageName"]s * even better, the [[WikiCreole link style]] and with a label: [[WikiCreole link style|WikiCreole style links]]
This will be rendered as:
- Wiki_page, ISO9000, and with a label: ISO 9000 standard
- Space Matters (that page name embeds space characters) and with a label: all about white space
- or simply: WikiPageNames
- even better, the WikiCreole link style and with a label: WikiCreole style links
It is possible to link to a specific version of a Wiki page as you would do for a specific version of a file, for example: WikiStart@1.
As in the example above, you can append an anchor to a Wiki page name to link to a specific section within that page. The anchor can be seen by hovering the mouse over a section heading, then clicking on the ¶ sign that appears at its end. The anchor is usually generated automatically, but it is also possible to specify it explicitly: see WikiFormatting#using-explicit-id-in-heading.
There are a few options that govern the rendering of WikiPageNames:
- CamelCase linking to missing pages can be disabled with the
ignore_missing_pagesoption. Linking to missing pages is enabled by default.
split_page_namesoption, when enabled, will split CamelCase words when rendering a link. For example, WikiStart will be rendered as Wiki Start.